Spring Ball 2022

LoyalZIP

On 4/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, Zipmeister said:

I have never heard the phrase "keep sawing wood" before.

In the context in which it appears I surmise that it is something positive, but I'm not sure why that would be the case.

Sawing wood --> chopping wood ... I'll add it to my fractured idioms collection..

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keep chopping wood

Edited by ZippyRulz

13 hours ago, Ham said:

I like "sawing wood"!  It fit the situation perfectly.  Varnish gets all the glory, but you have to saw wood first to make it happen.  You need to do the grunt work to be able to get to the glory.

"Keep sawing wood" reminds me of "rowing the boat" which gives me a queasy stomach, but I guess it's better than "keep polishing the doorknob."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

“The scheme that I come from is multiple enough that we can play with a four-man front or a three-man front and we’re just going to try to figure out what our guys do well,”...

"We’ve got to continue to hone it and polish it up.”

At least coach refered to "it" as opposed to the "doorknob."

12 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

We haven’t heard much about him, but Quevan Lawson physically looks the part from that short clip. 

I love the way Ty Durant stayed with the play. That was impressive hand-eye coordination on display.

Edited by catdaddyp

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

We haven’t heard much about him, but Quevan Lawson physically looks the part from that short clip. 

I love the way Ty Durant stayed with the play. That was impressive hand-eye coordination on display.

Re Lawson: he was one of the higher rated recruits in Arth’s initial class, but I believe he’s been oft injured throughout his career. I was wondering who that #10 was at first. Here’s to hoping he ends up being a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1