Spring Ball 2022

LoyalZIP

5 hours ago, LZIp said:

I think I heard the spring game is in the field house, and not in the Info. Anyone confirm? I'm sure there will be people showing up at the Info and wondering whats going on if they don't see anything if so.

Man, thanks for heads up. This is news to me, not sure how I missed that!

I would of preferred the stadium on a nice day but that is a crap shoot. I'm concerned will the surplus sale only starting an hour before the game. That doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. That said it will be hop'n on campus Saturday. 

FOOTBALL (STILE ATHLETICS FIELD HOUSE)
• Saturday (April 30) - 3 p.m.
• Gates open at 1:30 p.m. with fans asked to enter via the Akron Recreation Center

ATHLETICS SURPLUS SALE (INFOCISION STADIUM-SUMMA FIELD)
• Saturday (April 30) - 2 p.m.

BASEBALL (SKEELES FIELD)
• Saturday (April 30) vs. Kent State (DH-7/9 innings) - Noon

SOFTBALL (JACKSON FIELD)
• Saturday (April 30) vs. Miami (DH-7/7 innings) - 1 p.m.

LACROSSE (INFOCISION STADIUM-SUMMA FIELD)
• Saturday (April 30) vs. Central Michigan - 12 pm

5 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

So the spring game is 100% in the field house? If this is the case, I probably won't drive in for it. With growing hype and a temp in the 60s the decision to host the game indoors with minimal-bad seating makes negative sense to me.

This. Total miss to not utilize the Info. The Fieldhouse, while a nice facility, is garbage for viewership. 

• Like 2

I'll have to agree.  The fieldhouse is cramped and lacks "game day" amenities.  And, regardless about how you feel about the (hopefully) ending COVID 19 pandemic, it really doesn't make sense to have the event indoors when you have a beautiful open-air facility 200 feet away.  Very interested in the game, but I'll probably pass this year and get some yardwork done.  Was kind of looking forward to taking the kids to the stadium and maybe grabbing a hot dog and a coke.

17 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

So the spring game is 100% in the field house? If this is the case, I probably won't drive in for it. With growing hype and a temp in the 60s the decision to host the game indoors with minimal-bad seating makes negative sense to me.

Don't like the fact that its indoors. Wasting a nice day that have been few and far between so far. Agree way too small. And, the 3PM start really screws up the day. I would think even with lacrosse at Infocision the times could have been adjusted to accommodate both sports.

A Spring Game indoor on a beautiful Spring Day is a total miss. That turf must be in really bad condition to make a decision to use the Field House. 

I think we are owed an explanation. I’m very much getting tired of being asked time and again for donations with very little from the Athletics Department. 

3 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

A Spring Game indoor on a beautiful Spring Day is a total miss. That turf must be in really bad condition to make a decision to use the Field House. 

I think we are owed an explanation. I’m very much getting tired of being asked time and again for donations with very little from the Athletics Department. 

Latest I heard was UA will hold it on the soccer field, like they did in 2004.

Just kidding. 😉

• Haha 4

I’ve been told by the AD that moving the Spring Game  has to do with not causing any issues should the Women’s LAX game go into OT. 

How long has the Spring Game been in planning? Is the Athletic Department incapable of planning to avoid such a situation? Seems like simple schedule management / advanced planning to me. 

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I’ve been told by the AD that moving the Spring Game  has to do with not causing any issues should the Women’s LAX game go into OT. 

How long has the Spring Game been in planning? Is the Athletic Department incapable of planning to avoid such a situation? Seems like simple schedule management / advanced planning to me. 

Yeesh....yeah, lot of good things happening in Athletics since Mr. Guthrie came aboard, but this is a pretty big disappointment and miss. 

Looking forward to the analysis from those on the board that are attending.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Why am I still completely stunned by this type of planning by script Akron? Totally jacked fan base that is excited about both staff and players and we 'plan' an opportunity like the Spring Game around LAX??? 

I and others circled Saturday on our calendars. Day has been freed up as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to reading about how it went. <smh>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1