Ali Decision Revisited

72 Roo

12 hours ago, MDZip said:

I don't know how I'd feel if my team brought in the 49th best player in the TP. Doesn't seem that impressive to me. 

I'm more impressed there are 1,400 players in the TP. I'll just assume most suck. 

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

I don't know how I'd feel if my team brought in the 49th best player in the TP. Doesn't seem that impressive to me. 

I'm more impressed there are 1,400 players in the TP. I'll just assume most suck. 

More than 1/4 of the players in college basketball. Good odds that most suck. 

The 49th best player averaged under 14 ppg on a team that lost 2 of its original starters. He also no-showed in 2 of the biggest games of the year, if that tells you anything. 

I love the TP. There will always be transfers regardless of what is used to allow them to process the transfer. 

For most, it's going to be the Washout Portal. Regardless of whether or not someone is playing sports, college isn't for everyone. Some just washout of spots but can't face it, but they are college material. Unless these kids absolutely hate where they are going to school, they should just stay at the school and stop playing sports. There is plenty else to do in college. 

• Like 1

While we’re still doing mental gymnastics to make it seem like losing Ali wasn’t a big deal, anyone want to chime in where Sammy Hunter ranks and what that means about him? Don’t see him in the top 100.

if everyone thinks Ali is good except for a select few of the Zipsnation faithful, it just might be a bad take. Best of luck to him, but I don’t really have much interest in talking about it anymore. Looking forward to seeing how the staff fills out the roster. Go Zips!

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LZIp said:

While we’re still doing mental gymnastics to make is seem like losing Ali wasn’t a big deal, anyone want to chime in where Sammy Hunter ranks and what that means about him? Don’t see him in the top 100.

This recent turn on him has been interesting to watch lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zippy5 said:

This recent turn on him has been interesting to watch lol

Couldn't agree more. It reminds me so much of how someone brags about how great their significant other is until their significant other breaks up with them then they do a complete 180. I suppose it's just a coping mechanism.

Akron's season next year isn't doomed with his departure, but if we want to re-run it as MAC champs we will need to find to find a 3/4 that will be able to provide us 65-75% of what Ali did with the others picking up the remaining slack.