Basketball transfer portal

Zipmeister

Zip fans who feel bad about losing Ali Ali to the portal.

I wonder how you would feel if you were a La Salle fan where they are currently holding a player fire sale.

13 members of the team have elected to abandon ship rather than play for a 70+ year old white guy.

Edited by Zipmeister

51 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I wonder how you would feel if you were a La Salle fan where they are currently holding a player fire sale.

13 members of the team have elected to abandoned ship rather than play for a 70+ year old white guy.

Similar to LSU.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

13 members of the team have elected to abandoned ship rather than play for a 70+ year old white guy.

580 career wins don't carry the weight it used to.

• Sad 1

I mean, yes, other programs have it tougher both with losing players in the transfer portal specifically and just more suckitude generally.  And yes, some fans need to gain some more perspective.  But we're still allowed to feel bad about any adversity affecting our team, just like I'm allowed to feel whatever feelings I want to about my own problems, even though others have it worse.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mrelegazna said:

I mean, yes, other programs have it tougher both with losing players in the transfer portal specifically and just more suckitude generally.  And yes, some fans need to gain some more perspective.  But we're still allowed to feel bad about any adversity affecting our team, just like I'm allowed to feel whatever feelings I want to about my own problems, even though others have it worse.

Do you need a hug?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mrelegazna said:

I must have missed the post where somebody told you that you were not allowed to feel bad about adversity affecting the Zips.

20 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I must have missed the post where somebody told you that you were not allowed to feel bad about adversity affecting the Zips.

As we await paparazzi pics of the 7'1" on campus today or news of the unicorn "stretch four" I will weigh in and say that we all, including me, have the habit of saying..."it could be worse" or "you think your situation is bad...look what happened to so and so."  it rather diminishes the other person's concerns or problems when we do that.  

But for my part, I think the Zips ARE in a far better situation than the majority of mid majors but losing Ali Ali does bite.

53 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

As we await paparazzi pics of the 7'1" on campus today or news of the unicorn "stretch four" I will weigh in and say that we all, including me, have the habit of saying..."it could be worse" or "you think your situation is bad...look what happened to so and so."  it rather diminishes the other person's concerns or problems when we do that.  

But for my part, I think the Zips ARE in a far better situation than the majority of mid majors but losing Ali Ali does bite.

Just wanted to correct one thing, the 7’1” guy was on a visit this past Saturday 

52 minutes ago, mrelegazna said:

So you're saying that's not the point of this thread you made, then. What is?

So you are seriously saying that you think the point of the initial post in this thread was that you are not allowed to feel bad about adversity affecting the Zips?

I don't know you and I had never heard of you until I read your post four hours into this thread.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

So you are seriously saying that you think the point of the initial post in this thread was that you are not allowed to feel bad about adversity affecting the Zips?

I don't know you and I had never heard of you until I read your post four hours into this thread.

Edit: Never mind, I'm sorry I missed the point. 

Edited by mrelegazna

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Antoine Davis of Detroit Mercy is in the portal, meaning that he will no longer play for his father, the head coach at Detroit Mercy. I have a sneaking suspicion that his next coach will not allow him to dominate the ball, shoot at will and be one of the nation's biggest guns.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I will be surprised if he moves significantly up the college BB food chain.

Davis if I recall correctly was a 3* recruit that was recruited some what heavily. If I remember right he was going to play for Houston until his dad accepted the job at Detroit. His dad never really assembled a team around him, which IMO really hindered Davis development. I believe his true freshman year Detroit played Akron and I was like this kid has talent if you get a few decent players around him Detroit might be that 14 seed in 2-3 years that pulls off a first round upset. Instead it just led to Davis developing bad tendencies.

Edited by kreed5120

11 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Anderson Mirambeaux entered the portal for Cleveland State. 

We were in his original final 3 I believe. I doubt Groce goes after him now. 

I saw that and was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

He's a big body but his 1.5 ppg and 1.7 rpg in the Horizon League doesn't enthuse me.

Exactly. He moves well for his size but not much production, hence why I don't think Groce would go after him at this point. We need more production from a guy with his type of experience. 

• Like 1

Mid-major programs will never be able to protect their star players when name, image and likeness payoffs lure them away.  This fact was ignored before the NCAA jettisoned all regulations of amateurism.  Antoine Davis looking for a pay-off he won't get from the NBA.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2022/04/16/hard-turn-down-nil-money-played-big-role-antoine-daviss-decision-leave-detroit-mercy/7346690001/

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Mid-major programs will never be able to protect their star players when name, image and likeness payoffs lure them away.  This fact was ignored before the NCAA jettisoned all regulations of amateurism.  Antoine Davis looking for a pay-off he won't get from the NBA.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2022/04/16/hard-turn-down-nil-money-played-big-role-antoine-daviss-decision-leave-detroit-mercy/7346690001/

Well according to this guy I'm in for a surprise.

I think whoever takes him on is in for one also.