Basketball transfer portal

Zipmeister

2 hours ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Gabe Wiznitzer 4️ Prospect transferring from Louisville to Ohio.  

what’s the bio on this cat??

Limited action at 'Ville (broke his wrist early in the season?), and his highlight film isn't impressive. The minute or so I watched was all him dunking with two hands over guys smaller than him, then getting in their face and flexing on them. He looks slow and a little unathletic. He could still be growing into his body but Freeman will dance circles around him if he's still as slow as his highlight film showed. Then again, he may have been coached up a bit at Louisville. Who knows. 

Kostelac and Bardo came to mind when watching the film. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I'm considering dating Emily Rajatkowski.  It doesn't mean she's interested.

Oh, on the contrary my friend. I have it from an unimpeachable source (a guy in a bar who has a cousin who drives Uber) that she is waiting by the phone for your call. So call her now! She wants to talk all things Zips and, of course, Joe Moorhead.

• Like 1

Going to the transfer portal allows the student athlete to relive their high school recruitment process where coaches were kissing their butt.  Then comes the reality of working hard to get playing time and having to please the coach to get on the floor.  Little wonder so many kids are opting for the transfer portal.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Going to the transfer portal allows the student athlete to relive their high school recruitment process where coaches were kissing their butt.  Then comes the reality of working hard to get playing time and having to please the coach to get on the floor.  Little wonder so many kids are opting for the transfer portal.  

It is just a symptom of today's sports culture.  From an early age these kids are the best in their communities and they spend their youths having smoke blown up their a$$e$  and being told their on their way to the NBA.  They then get to college where there are a dozen other kids on the team who were the best players in their communities and when the coach doesn't share the enthusiasm that their hangers on and mommies have with their game and they are not the focus of the team they think it has to be the coaches' fault.  They then head off to another coach they think may see their true talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Jay Wright of Villanova is retiring, with Fordham's Kyle Neptune replacing him. Should be a few guys entering the Portal from both squads. Something to keep an eye on. 

Is it just me, or does Neptune to Nova remind you of "Jeff Boals to Butler".  They could have done so much better!

34 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Is it just me, or does Neptune to Nova remind you of "Jeff Boals to Butler".  They could have done so much better!

I feel it's pretty common to promote a long-time assistant to head coach. North Carolina did that with Davis and Duke did the same with Scheyer.

Neptune was only away from Villanova for 1 year. He inherited a team that won 2 games the previous year and in year 1 got them to .500. You might not think that's much, but Fordham isn't an easy place to win at. This past year was only the 2nd time in the last 15 years they have finished a season .500 or better.

Edit: What I find more puzzling is why did Neptune leave for the Fordham job in the first place? He either must have not known Wright was contemplating retirement or not known he was Nova's heir to the position.

Edited by kreed5120

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Lets hope poaching from the former MAC west works out better than last year. He's 6'2" so clearly a guard to me..

I'm actually pretty okay with this signing. It gives us a multi dimensional scorer that can help space the floor. IMO he's a much better fit than KJ was. Also, I think Hankerson shooting numbers should improve as he'll likely be our 3rd scoring option (behind Freeman and Castaneda). This will allow him to be more selective in his shot selection and he will have others that can help create him open looks. I'm expecting he'll start over Tribble.

Edited by kreed5120

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I'm actually pretty okay with this signing. It gives us a multi dimensional scorer that can help space the floor. IMO he's a much better fit than KJ was. Also, I think Henderson shooting numbers should improve as he'll likely be our 3rd scoring option (behind Freeman and Castaneda). This will allow him to be more selective in his shot selection and he will have others that can help create him open looks. I'm expecting he'll start over Tribble.

Who’s Henderson???  I thought we got Hankerson????   🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Lets hope poaching from the former MAC west works out better than last year. He's 6'2" so clearly a guard to me..

11.4 ppg last year on 37.5% shooting from the field and 35% from 3. 75% free throw shooter, with 3.7 Rebounds, 2.3 Assists, 1.8 Steals, and 1.8 Turnovers per game. 177 3PT attempts, 315 FG attempts, and 60 FT attempts. 13.9 ppg the previous season (exactly what Ali Ali averaged). 

What we lost in Ali Ali... 13.9 ppg on 46% shooting, 40.7% 3PT, 72.2% FT, 2.9 Rebounds, 2.3 Assists, .9 Steals, and 1.5 Turnovers per game. 118 3PT attempts, 359 FGA attempts, 133 FT attempts.

Aside from the height (which may have been solved with Slammin' Sammy), Hankerson might actually be a better fit for this team. This also gives us another experienced Guard to help coach up 4 freshman.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

I like this guy.  He gives us another guard who can score "off the bounce," as the kids say.

PG...Castenada..... Clarke..... Tavari

G.....Hankerson..... Tribble.... Kobe

G.... Dawson......... Johnson... Prather

W.... Wynn............ ???

P.... Freeman....... Hunter

And maybe we don't need another wing.  We lost a wing in Ali, but as is our lineup now has the potential to mirror our MAC Championship '19-'20 team:

PG: LCJ.......... Castenada

G:   Cheese.... Hankerson

G:   Banks....... Dawson

S4: Williams.... Hunter

P:   Riak............ Freeman

• Like 5