Basketball transfer portal

Zipmeister

6 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Miryne Thomas from Ball State is headed to Portage County

That is one heck of a get for PCCC. Wow. Pinky is such a great coach, I'm sure he'll be able to elevate Thomas's game even more.

In all seriousness, can this guy rap? His stats aren't much to look at but maybe he'll bring some pop with his vocals on their next diss track. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

That is one heck of a get for PCCC. Wow. Pinky is such a great coach, I'm sure he'll be able to elevate Thomas's game even more.

In all seriousness, can this guy rap? His stats aren't much to look at but maybe he'll bring some pop with his vocals on their next diss track. 

Here's hoping he's just as successful as our Ball State transfer.

DaeDae Grant headed to KD.

Just now, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Pete Nance would be a blessing at any point. 

I would be extremely happy with either: 

- Pete Nance - 45.2%

- Matt Mayor - 32.4%

- KJ Williams - 32.7%

- Patrick Baldwin Jr - 26.6%

-Jaiden Delaire - 32.3%

All can play the 4, all can shoot the 3 ball

On 5/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, AkronAlumnus said:

I would be extremely happy with either: 

- Pete Nance - 45.2%

- Matt Mayor - 32.4%

- KJ Williams - 32.7%

- Patrick Baldwin Jr - 26.6%

-Jaiden Delaire - 32.3%

All can play the 4, all can shoot the 3 ball

Isn’t Nance going to the NBA??

I'm jonesing for any updates whatsoever

tenor-260791548.gif.2ac63258e172ee708720b101ebda65a7.gif

And, btw, Pete Nance would be a fantastic get and perfect fit.  Maybe he'd like to come home & play in front of friends and family while picking up a master's? 🙏🤞

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm jonesing for any updates whatsoever

tenor-260791548.gif.2ac63258e172ee708720b101ebda65a7.gif

And, btw, Pete Nance would be a fantastic get and perfect fit.  Maybe he'd like to come home & play in front of friends and family while picking up a master's? 🙏🤞

The summer of '09, Pete and Larry Jr. participated in the Akron summer basketball camp. Larry Jr. was noticably on a different level than his age group (high school), and Pete was the same way (elementary school?). One of the nicest families you'll ever come across. Had the pleasure of actually playing on Larry Jr.'s 3 on 3 team (we won the camp tournament), and they trained at Springside where I took tennis lessons so I ran into them quite often. Would love to see one of the Nance boys wear the Akron Blue & Gold. 

• Like 1

Nance declared for the NBA draft and entered the portal.  That's an arrangement that leaves all options open to him.  It allows him to get all kinds of input on his game and what the NBA thinks of him while leaving the door open to return to Northwestern or move on to another school if he thinks it is in his best interests.  I would love to see him in a Zips uni but the guy averaged 14.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game while earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention last year.  He's not coming to Akron.