Basketball transfer portal

Zipmeister

On 5/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, dirtyolcrowe said:

Aziz, heading to Utah Valley.  
that is all

Following in the footsteps of Emmanuel Olojapoke, but will he ever match Poke's SR season averages of 5.6 pts, 4.8 rebounds and 2.7 BS per game against powerhouses like Antelope Valley and UTRGV?  It will be interesting to see how Aziz develops.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:04 AM, Zip JD said:

Following in the footsteps of Emmanuel Olojapoke, but will he ever match Poke's SR season averages of 5.6 pts, 4.8 rebounds and 2.7 BS per game against powerhouses like Antelope Valley and UTRGV?  It will be interesting to see how Aziz develops.

Obviously you have a negative view of UVU and the WAC.  I think UVU was a great choice for both Olojapoke  and Bandaogo.  Much more diverse student body at a much larger university than Akron.   One of the fastest growing universities in America.  Campus buildings and athletic facilities are newer than UA and located in one of the fastest growing states in our country.   Good luck to Aziz for future success.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming that is all sports.  Of the 4 Akron players who entered the portal, I think they all have landed except for Wynn.  Other than Ali, does anyone think the other Akron players who transferred out were told that it was in their best interest to transfer out.  I think the portal works both ways in that coaches can tell a player to enter the portal and find another team and they will not have to sit a year.    

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 4:25 AM, 1981 grad said:

I am assuming that is all sports.  Of the 4 Akron players who entered the portal, I think they all have landed except for Wynn.  Other than Ali, does anyone think the other Akron players who transferred out were told that it was in their best interest to transfer out.  I think the portal works both ways in that coaches can tell a player to enter the portal and find another team and they will not have to sit a year.    

Pretty sure it's just D-1 men's basketball.  The poster is a long-time scout from Akron.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Nance declared for the NBA draft and entered the portal.  That's an arrangement that leaves all options open to him.  It allows him to get all kinds of input on his game and what the NBA thinks of him while leaving the door open to return to Northwestern or move on to another school if he thinks it is in his best interests.  I would love to see him in a Zips uni but the guy averaged 14.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game while earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention last year.  He's not coming to Akron.

Pete Nance is headed to North Carolina.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...