Scholarship Chart

Creating a scholarship chart thread at the request of a few. Attaching what we have to date. As always, there are some assumptions that are going to be made. This currently includes:

• Each starting K, PK, and LS, regardless of who they are, have a scholarship.
  • Assumes the following players who haven't been announced, either in the formal university announcement process or on social media as a walk-on earning one, but have played substantially or even started are on scholarship:
    • Tyson Durant, Andrew Behm, and Alex Robarge.
  • The current list includes includes the following new members: 2022 announced signees (linked here), and the additional portal commitments we've had since then.
    • I didn't include Keylen Davis for now as he is the only freshman signee not listed on the roster. I also don't think we have any early enrollees from the freshman considering we didn't sign anyone until the Feb signing day and the semester would have started in January. So him potentially not being listed for that reason shouldn't be the case.
  • Took some liberty in assigning the class of last year's freshman as either red-shirt or not based on PT I recall them getting. I think there will be a lot of updates to the classes on the online roster between now and the season.

Right now, the list shows exactly 85 scholarships with 24 new players added. This means we can add up to 8 more as we should or will be at the 32 limit threshold. The typical annual threshold is 25, but beginning with 2022, the NCAA has allowed that number to increase by 1 for each player who voluntarily enters the portal, up to 32 total. The overall scholarship limit is back down to 85 as far as I know, so to add any new players, we would need some to leave...which will undoubtedly happen at the conclusion of spring ball. 

Maintaining this is a group effort. I have basically no inside info, so if there is somebody on or not on scholly that you're aware of and the list doesn't reflect it, please let me know.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx

• Like 3

Creating a scholarship chart thread at the request of a few. Attaching what we have to date. As always, there are some assumptions that are going to be made. This currently includes:

• Assumes the following players who haven't been announced, either in the formal university announcement process or on social media as a walk-on earning one, but have played substantially or even started are on scholarship:
  • The current list includes includes the following new members: 2022 announced signees (linked here), and the additional portal commitments we've had since then.
    • I didn't include Keylen Davis for now as he is the only freshman signee not listed on the roster. I also don't think we have any early enrollees from the freshman considering we didn't sign anyone until the Feb signing day and the semester would have started in January. So him potentially not being listed for that reason shouldn't be the case.
  • Took some liberty in assigning the class of last year's freshman as either red-shirt or not based on PT I recall them getting. I think there will be a lot of updates to the classes on the online roster between now and the season.

Right now, the list shows exactly 85 scholarships with 24 new players added. This means we can add up to 8 more as we should or will be at the 32 limit threshold. The typical annual threshold is 25, but beginning with 2022, the NCAA has allowed that number to increase by 1 for each player who voluntarily enters the portal, up to 32 total. The overall scholarship limit is back down to 85 as far as I know, so to add any new players, we would need some to leave...which will undoubtedly happen at the conclusion of spring ball. 

Maintaining this is a group effort. I have basically no inside info, so if there is somebody on or not on scholly that you're aware of and the list doesn't reflect it, please let me know.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.3 kB · 3 downloads

Great job!!

• Like 1

Thank you for such a fantastic job and following of the scholly status.  

I have stated several times that the coaching staff needs to shed some scholarships of athletes who are not of D1 talent on the roster.  Looking at the list I propose the following:

DB - with Guerrier entering the portal, I would like to see 2-3 more DB's enter the portal or get released after the spring game.  This includes CB's and Safety's.

LB - Not a lot of depth here, but talent is weak.  I would try to shed 2 lb's.

DL - Although this group was the weakest last season, I would leave it to the coaches to get rid of any players who are not deserving of playing D1.

QB - no changes, but I would try to sign a 1 year transfer at this position

RB - No changes, but I would not be surprised if one of the sophomores transfers out.

WR - I would not target any reductions unless the staff identifies non D1 players

TE - At least 2 reductions with this group.  Maybe more unless the plans are to play a 13 personnel set a lot.  

OL - With the influx of talent, I would try to shed 3 of the listed scholarship players.  

These changes, although drastic, will open up scholarship opportunities for the next recruiting class to maximize the number of signees and increase the average talent level on the roster.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

On 4/27/2022 at 8:57 AM, LZIp said:

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.3 kB · 22 downloads

Keylen Davis was at the game today and introduced as a 2022 signee at halftime. So probably safe to add him as it sounds like he just wasn’t an early enrollee.

• Like 1

Want to give a few days for the dust to settle for the May 1 deadline so that the NCAA can update the portal and 247 can update theirs then I'll post an update of where we appear to be to see what were able to add before fall camp. I have to imagine activity in the portal will slow down quite a bit until the season as players will now have to sit out this upcoming year if they have not yet entered.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Want to give a few days for the dust to settle for the May 1 deadline so that the NCAA can update the portal and 247 can update theirs then I'll post an update of where we appear to be to see what were able to add before fall camp. I have to imagine activity in the portal will slow down quite a bit until the season as players will now have to sit out this upcoming year if they have not yet entered.

We have several not showing still, both incoming and outgoing. I would imagine there are hundreds still left to be entered across the entire NCAA.

Updated for the removal of Woobendy Guerrier, Brandon Bischoff, and Joey Marousek as well as the additions of Keylen Davis (since he was announced at the spring game) and Daniel George. Leaves us with an estimated 1 scholarship open, which I presume would go to a QB. We may find out about a few more players leaving at some point, but 247 has a lot of updating to do so we're basically relying off of what we see on twitter at this point.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Updated for the removal of Woobendy Guerrier, Brandon Bischoff, and Joey Marousek as well as the additions of Keylen Davis (since he was announced at the spring game) and Daniel George. Leaves us with an estimated 1 scholarship open, which I presume would go to a QB. We may find out about a few more players leaving at some point, but 247 has a lot of updating to do so we're basically relying off of what we see on twitter at this point.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.25 kB · 1 download

Somebody please tell me why we have a TE on scholarship that has never played a down of football in his life?

6 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Somebody please tell me why we have a TE on scholarship that has never played a down of football in his life?

Lol...boom or bust type there.  Kind of like the Browns giving this basketball player a shot.

Edited by LZIp

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx 14.25 kB · 6 downloads

I think Anthony Stallworth would make it 85, but like Davis he didn’t enroll early. 

If I understand correctly, players have until June 1st to enter the portal as opposed to May 1st if there was a head coaching change. So we’re likely to see some more activity, especially with our need at QB.

6 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I think Anthony Stallworth would make it 85, but like Davis he didn’t enroll early. 

If I understand correctly, players have until June 1st to enter the portal as opposed to May 1st if there was a head coaching change. So we’re likely to see some more activity, especially with our need at QB.

I could be wrong, but he committed before national signing day and was never announced as either a scholarship player or PWO, so I assumed he would be walk on. Davis was announced though as a signee.

Interesting note on the extension to June 1st. I'm sure that's the reason its been quieter than expected.

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I could be wrong, but he committed before national signing day and was never announced as either a scholarship player or PWO, so I assumed he would be walk on. Davis was announced though as a signee.

Interesting note on the extension to June 1st. I'm sure that's the reason its been quieter than expected.

Rivals shows him as having received an offer, but 247 does not. Just checked our go to source of Twitter and it looks like he continues to retweet positive Zips info, so I don’t know. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Oh boy, that’s not good. If he can’t make it to class on time in high school, he’s really going to struggle in college.