New Turf

MangoZip

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

We finally have a legit coaching staff and lots of talent coming in. If the Zips show signs of improvement, there's no more excuses to not show up. 

There will always be lots of excuses to not show up. I'm hoping one day the primary excuse is "the damn Info is sold out again."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I like the whiter wood, instead of the yellowish wood. And thank goodness we aren't going with a crazy pattern like NIU. Simple and classy. The "A" will pop. 

The wood outside the 3pt line will be a bit darker, but still nice.

Some schools try too hard to get noticed and do crazy stuff with their floors and fields. NIU's dark floor with the weird eyes, Kent State's giant lighting bolts and Eastern Michigan's gray field are all terrible. I really wasn't really even a fan of our most recent court with the kangaroo heads in the key. 

Follow the KISS theory. Keep It Simple Stupid. We have a nice new logo. Let it shine. 

8CFD9BE6-CD8A-4135-8CA4-A1703C0BFB2A-102

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

Some schools try too hard to get noticed and do crazy stuff with their floors and fields. NIU's dark floor with the weird eyes, Kent State's giant lighting bolts and Eastern Michigan's gray field are all terrible. I really wasn't really even a fan of our most recent court with the kangaroo heads in the key. 

Follow the KISS theory. Keep It Simple Stupid. We have a nice new logo. Let it shine. 

Learned to love the new logo.  Go Zips!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akzipper said:

This is simply gorgeous. The break in the blue with the gold is a nice touch, especially with the blue A in the middle. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

This is simply gorgeous. The break in the blue with the gold is a nice touch, especially with the blue A in the middle. 

Agree completely. I also love the consistently between the new turf and new court design. Both have the same blue A, blue endzones/baselines with gold type and name of facility on the sidelines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New logo looks good at the top of the scoreboard. Wish they could get some $$ to update that screen. Just fill up the whole thing with a video board like they did at Progressive Field. Those ads and old school scoreboard at the bottom aren't needed anymore. Just program stuff like that into the video graphics. 

• Like 5