New Turf

MangoZip

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Some schools are doing this now it's the new look 

I'm actually very relieved they didn't go with navy or gold colored turf. Ever since Boise decided to go blue, dozens of schools have followed in their footsteps just to draw attention. I've seen purple, gray, red, teal, orange etc. It's an eyesore and brutal during games. Props to UA for doing it right and keeping the field traditional.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, GP1 said:

I had heard once that an stadium owner has to store an old field for legal reasons for a certain number of years regardless of the length of service or size of the material. For example, a stadium like where the cowboys play has to save the end zones they use just for one game for a certain number of years. If Akron has to store the old field, where will it be?

The company that ripped it up, rolled it, then loaded it onto trucks, I'm pretty sure they then disposed it.  It makes 0 sense to keep an old, out of date carpet. 

Well done to all the people who had a hand in this project. What an incredible sight! I am excited to see the team JoMo will put in the Info. I have faith he will give us something to be proud of and I also believe the crowds will come.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zipmeister said:

You may be the only one. Wait while I check my magic 8 ball.

My magic 8 ball says "ask again later." Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. As I look at the various photos of the new field, the green in all but one seems to have various shades located in different places. Probably due to lighting. Only way to tell for sure is to show up to a bunch of games and see what it looks like in person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Akron has one of the nicest stadiums in the game. Really want to see it packed at some point and full of excitement. 

We finally have a legit coaching staff and lots of talent coming in. If the Zips show signs of improvement, there's no more excuses to not show up. 

• Like 1