Nate Robinson leaving

InTheZone

I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't hire an agent or take any money or anything, you can declare, then if you don't like where you are drafted, you can go back to college. I know its that way in baseball.Either way, it seems that playing every other 3rd down has given big Nate a reason to think he will be drafted. Wow ... he really is retarded.

I don't know who convinced him that he could get drafted solely based on the combine but he is sorely mistaken... yes combine #'s are important but most all of the guys at the combine have accomplished college careers and combine #'s to add to their resume. You can't just go to the NFL because you have alot of size and good measureables. Some b.s. agent probably talked him into this and if he's dumb enough to believe this then it's his own fault.

Out of last year's "travelers" along the D-line (guys I saw at away games, maybe I'm missing somebody)Jared Cecchetti- Coming back. Marginal starter.Nate Robinson- Gone, I won't say to the draft because he won't be drafted, but goneClarence McPherson- Gone to FAMUEric Lively- Coming back, solid in reserve, can't see him starting.Kiki Gonzales- GraduatedJermaine Reid- GraduatedBrandon Butler- Gone to AshlandDantley Cline- Coming back, but with serious eligibility questions. I'd put his chances for 2007 at 50/50.Wallace Pendleton- Coming back, can't see him having a significant role.So, returning on the line we have a grandtotal of four guys. Without Cline, we have three, only one of which is a legitimate starter, and borderline at that. Whose going to be other two starters, and who in the HELL is going to back them up??? JD better really start hitting the JUCO's, or the Zips are in trouble up front. Might have to take Kevin Grant and put his hand down, or move Doug Williams back.

Hi, I'm just an old gal trying to figure out how many of the new recruits are linemen since it seems that we have so many leaving for various reasons. There's been so much talk about needing running backs. Maybe a line might be a little important too. Plus, I liked Walker when he was in for Kennedy and according to my son Kennedy was hurting a lot when he was out there. I hope to see him back to true form for next year! :wave:

I have talked toa few of the players from akron and they have all said that the rumor about nate leaving is NOT true. he said it jokingly and it was blown out of proportion. he will be back next year and look for him to do alot of great things for the zips.
I sure hope you're right timmyboy. The way our lines (both offensive and defensive) were looking, next year wasn't looking too good. Games are won and lost in the trenches, and on special teams. having 4/5ths of the O-line graduate is tough on any team, even though they didn't live up to expectations. I sure hope Nate steps up his game next year if he stays. He has tons of potential, but he hasn't proven anything thus far in his career at Akron.

Good News: Heard today that Nate has decided against declaring for the draft early.Whew... I really felt Nate would have been making a BIG mistake in enetering the draft this year. Hopefully he'll realize the opportunity he has to prove himself next year, if he aspires to go to the NFL he will need to live up to his potential and dominate every game next year. This also makes me feel alot better about the middle of our D-line next year.