Game One

Zipmeister

Is it too early to start talking about the Zips football opponents for this year?

I did a little research on the Saint Francis University Red Flash hoping to find something that would fire the Zips fans up.

Didn’t find much. The best I could do was this. Colt Jennings a redshirt Soph. linebacker from Cleveland transferred in from Kent State where he played in no games.  So he was a Golden Flash and now he is a Red Flash!

All right, calm down, I didn’t mean to get you in a tizzy.

• Like 2

I don't know much about SFU, but I'm hoping the Zips come out of it with a nice win and a nice preview of the type of system JoeMo is going to be running. I hope it's a good crowd, too. It would be nice to start off 1-0 before heading to 3 tough away games in a row. Though, maybe we can knock off at least one of them. Hopeful thinking! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

I don't know much about SFU, but I'm hoping the Zips come out of it with a nice win and a nice preview of the type of system JoeMo is going to be running. I hope it's a good crowd, too. It would be nice to start off 1-0 before heading to 3 tough away games in a row. Though, maybe we can knock off at least one of them. Hopeful thinking! 

I prefer to use their fuller abbreviation of StFU which accurately fits how I should explain my knowledge of this FCS program.  

I will still be interested to see the new staff, players and turf.  Oh, and football.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.b41fa6220515c6cf9bcf8f5fca6eef65.png

Join Coach Joe Moorhead, as he leads your Akron Zips in their season-opening game September 1, 2022. ”Lauded as one of the most innovative minds in college football for years,” according to Sports Illustrated, the Zips look forward to the new era in Zips football.

But they can’t do it without us.

Be part of the excitement. Enter your email at the link below for a FREE TICKET to the game.

Click here for a FREE TICKET to the Sept. 1 game:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TX2YS58

No purchase necessary. Game tickets are good for the September 1, 2022, Akron Zips Football game only and cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. Ticket is provided by The University of Akron, and will be emailed to the address provided by August 30. Limit one ticket per email address. You will have the option to opt-in to receiving additional email updates from Akron Zips Football.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Akron1 said:

image.png.b41fa6220515c6cf9bcf8f5fca6eef65.png

Join Coach Joe Moorhead, as he leads your Akron Zips in their season-opening game September 1, 2022. ”Lauded as one of the most innovative minds in college football for years,” according to Sports Illustrated, the Zips look forward to the new era in Zips football.

But they can’t do it without us.

Be part of the excitement. Enter your email at the link below for a FREE TICKET to the game.

Click here for a FREE TICKET to the Sept. 1 game:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TX2YS58

No purchase necessary. Game tickets are good for the September 1, 2022, Akron Zips Football game only and cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash. Ticket is provided by The University of Akron, and will be emailed to the address provided by August 30. Limit one ticket per email address. You will have the option to opt-in to receiving additional email updates from Akron Zips Football.

got a link to this to share?

Maybe I'm asking a lot, but I really hope people take advantage of that. It doesn't interfere with the Buckeyes game that many will mindlessly watch on Saturday, and its live football for free! 

I dream of that stadium being packed and a great atmosphere. A free ticket to the home opener in a new era is hopefully a good start to get some @$$es in the seats 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Maybe I'm asking a lot, but I really hope people take advantage of that. It doesn't interfere with the Buckeyes game that many will mindlessly watch on Saturday, and its live football for free! 

I dream of that stadium being packed and a great atmosphere. A free ticket to the home opener in a new era is hopefully a good start to get some @$$es in the seats 

I'm normally against filling a D1 stadium via free tickets. But I think Joe and the team deserve to play in front of a capacity home crowd. It's a great way to kick off the a new era and generate some excitement in the community.

Maybe jack it up to $5 next year? I think if the casual fan had fun this year, they'd come back and pay a little for it next year.

Yeah, it's the "Acme-Zip mentality"...but those game days were a lot of fun.

• Like 5

On 8/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

I'm normally against filling a D1 stadium via free tickets. But I think Joe and the team deserve to play in front of a capacity home crowd. It's a great way to kick off the a new era and generate some excitement in the community.

Maybe jack it up to $5 next year? I think if the casual fan had fun this year, they'd come back and pay a little for it next year.

Yeah, it's the "Acme-Zip mentality"...but those game days were a lot of fun.

Depends on the definition of "free". The taxpayers of Ohio are supporting MAC athletics so the price has been paid. Why shouldn't they get general admission tickets to a game or two? Reserved seats are something different.

25 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Depends on the definition of "free". The taxpayers of Ohio are supporting MAC athletics so the price has been paid. Why shouldn't they get general admission tickets to a game or two? Reserved seats are something different.

If the taxpayers were paying enough, we'd be playing Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky this season instead of Tennessee and Michigan State. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

If the taxpayers were paying enough, we'd be playing Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky this season instead of Tennessee and Michigan State. 

I'd be all for increasing taxes on Ohioans to make this happen. If you do the math, it wouldn't take much more I'm taxes per household in Ohio to make that happen. 

43 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

saw on Twitter there's a "clear plastic tote" rule.  not sure how we can bring a blanket or rain gear.  Also, they will need to install metal detectors if the goal is to prevent weapons from coming in to stadium.

Fixed it for you.

saw on Twitter there's a "clear plastic tote" rule.  not sure how we can bring a blanket or rain gear.  Also, they will need to install metal detectors if the goal is to prevent metallic weapons from coming in to stadium.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Anyone know why tickets@uakron.edu sent me two emails (one time stamped 11:36 and the second 11:37) confirming my ticket purchase (which I didn't make) for the St Francis game?

Did you fill out the survey for the free ticket?  Mine came this morning from that email address.