Camp 2022

94zipgrad

I see a couple TDs from Clyde Price. I haven’t seen much of Ant Williams in RB highlight videos, but noticed the deep WR touchdown in the video above. I wonder if there was a position change…he’s a good athlete and frame at 6’1” 185 is probably better suited for WR.

10 hours ago, akzipper said:

Love the video updates though!

Promoting the athletes on social media in a tasteful fashion is a recruiting tool. Part of why the P5 resumes matter on this coaching staff is they've seen what it takes to win at the highest level of college football, and that includes attracting talent and showcasing it on social media once that talent is wearing your uniform on Saturdays (or Tuesday nights). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jkobe03 said:

Does anyone know what's up with wr Alex adams? Last few posts I've noticed he's been in street clothes and not in drills.

I thought he was #14 at the 42 second clip in the above video, but you're right..that isn't him and he hasn't been highlighted. Hopefully just a short term injury.

Jasiah Gathings (#14) sure does look electric though.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:07 PM, akzipper said:

I think the Zips football account is trying to break the record for most emojis ever used by one account in the history of Twitter. 😂

Love the video updates though!

It got my blood pumpin'. I can't remember the last time I couldn't wait for a college football season.

I had some insomnia and I found these four 2022 Zip football projections on line.  If they have been already posted with the nation, please have one of the moderators remove this post.  Of the four predictions, three are very bad predicting 2-10 seasons with only the first Joe Dunn interview being positive.  The moderator on this show had a lot of facts and predicted a bowl game for the Zips.  However, the negative projections seem to be missing a lot of facts and transfer information.  Looking forward to comments.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbY5X_gTwxw

In Coach JoeMo we Trust!!!!  Go Zips!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not bad breakdowns considering the players they thought we had. Not a single one mentioned Cam Threatt, Victor Jones, Curtis Harper, KJ Martin, Nate Thompson, Anthony Whigan, Caden Clark, Tim Terry, Daniel George..all of which should be upgrades who make a difference. 

• Like 1

I think it's easy for people to look at the recent history of the Zips and assume it'll be another joke of a season. That's the easy thing to do. I of course don't think we'll be a top 25 team at the end of this season, but I do feel Akron has the potential to do really well and surprise many people out there. JoeMo has just begun, but he's already light years ahead of what Arth could ever accomplish. 

• Like 2

I tried to listen to them, but had to cut them all short. Listening to people who performed no research, who have zero presentation skills, and who did little else but read roster names...mispronouncing most of them...ain't for me.

Arth was 2-10 last season. This team is more talented, deeper, is playing in the MAC, and our staff is P5 level. The bare minimum number in the win column for this team is 4. I'll stick with my 6-win prediction.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I tried to listen to them, but had to cut them all short. Listening to people who performed no research, who have zero presentation skills, and who did little else but read roster names...mispronouncing most of them...ain't for me.

Arth was 2-10 last season. This team is more talented, deeper, is playing in the MAC, and our staff is P5 level. The bare minimum number in the win column for this team is 4. I'll stick with my 6-win prediction.

Completely agree on second and third. However, read the captions on the first. They made me LOL. I couldn't figure out whether the Zips play in the MAC, the Matt, or the Max.