FS: KJ Martin

RCB: Jalen Hooks

OLB: Corey Thomas

MLB: Bubba Arslanian

OLB: Tim Terry

DE: Ryan Johnson

NT: Logan Hawkins

Cant make out the other DE and DT

Bubba and new-be's!  That could mean a complete new 11 on the field this year.

40 minutes ago, Ham said:

Bubba and new-be's!  That could mean a complete new 11 on the field this year.

Could be. And that may be a good thing after last year. I suspect the other DT is Devon Robinson and the DE is Victor Jones, but who knows for sure. I think JoeMo mentioned Boateng was coming back from an injury. He’ll probably battle Terry for that OLB spot when he returns.

41 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Could be. And that may be a good thing after last year. I suspect the other DT is Devon Robinson and the DE is Victor Jones, but who knows for sure. I think JoeMo mentioned Boateng was coming back from an injury. He’ll probably battle Terry for that OLB spot when he returns.

I agree Robinson, he was a stand out at the practices I’ve seen but he hasn’t got any mention.  He has been around and wonder if he is not the model citizen during practices.  I think Julian Richardson has to be in the LB core, we didn’t send him media day for nothing.

9 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I agree Robinson, he was a stand out at the practices I’ve seen but he hasn’t got any mention.  He has been around and wonder if he is not the model citizen during practices.  I think Julian Richardson has to be in the LB core, we didn’t send him media day for nothing.

I’d guess Richardson is competing with Thomas at one of the OLB spots.

I watched this interview after returning from vacation. I was blown away. Coach Rod is a potential head coach. Coach JoMo has done a hell of a job in assembling a superior staff. Once again we have another reason as to why our program is in great hands. Can't wait for fall.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:15 AM, catdaddyp said:

I thought this was an excellent interview overall. A few interesting bits I took away: (and I’m mostly paraphrasing)

- The offense mostly works out of 11 personnel, but can shift to 10 or 12. 
- The offense can be tailored to what fits the players best. If a mobile QB, more QB reads will be called. If a less mobile QB, more inside zone runs will be called as well as WR screens etc. Mentioned the different ways they used Barkley at PSU and the QBs at Mississippi State and Fordham.

Love the ability to be versatile. JoMo going to bring new life to the program!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, catdaddyp said:

I thought this was an excellent interview overall. A few interesting bits I took away: (and I’m mostly paraphrasing)

I watched it as well and appreciate the notes from you, too!

I really like him, and man oh man would I love to talk to him about his days at Miami. He was on those stellar '01 and '02 teams. I'd also love to ask him if that was indeed "pass interference" too LOL. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Thanks for posting. The articles were a fun read despite these guys firing off the mark in a few places. I’ll always appreciate SBNation as they gave me my first chance to write about something I enjoyed. I’m sure these guys don’t get paid much (or at all) so I appreciate the effort they put forth in writing about the Zips.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

They missed most of the recent adds, very little research goes into those 

Figured. One thing the article did mention (despite not including some OL, who might actually increase these numbers) was the average OL size is 6'5" 305 lbs. That's huge. 

I watched the videos on Akron Football Twitter.

- #1 Cam Wiley is a BIG boy at RB

- Our WRs look skilled across the board

- QBs throw beautiful balls. DJ Irons looks FIT

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Figured. One thing the article did mention (despite not including some OL, who might actually increase these numbers) was the average OL size is 6'5" 305 lbs. That's huge. 

I watched the videos on Akron Football Twitter.

- #1 Cam Wiley is a BIG boy at RB

- Our WRs look skilled across the board

- QBs throw beautiful balls. DJ Irons looks FIT

- Depth at RB is impressive. 
- 13 dropped a dime in the video, wondering if we see a two-QB system.

- Gotta think the experience at OL, and new transfers, should be an improved bunch.