North Side

Bleacher Bum

I thought I would be able to fire up the North Side of the AK-Rowdies today, but I have come to conclusion that that side is hopeless. If you're gonna be a Rowdie, then represent. We don't need to see you twiddling your thumbs on national TV. Pathetic! I'm not saying the entire side was this bad, but only about a quarter of them were consistently loud. If you only wanna get loud when we score or make a nice play, then you can do that from the top of the arena. If you wanna scream your @$$ off and get AK-Mutha-Truckin'-ROWDY, then stand on the floor! The north side needs to be the loudest in the arena at gametime! They can set the tone for the entire game when the opposing team has to shoot at that basket! I'll be back on the south side next week!

Bleacher - I was glad to see you and a few others (?) from the South end in the North seats. I thought you did a great job keeping that end relatively active and reasonably loud throughout the game. Maybe the Rowdies can rotate different people to the South? Patience, my friend. It's going to take some time but it seemed like we actually had two active ends today. Don't get frustrated, keep working at it. You guys are doing a good job this year! GO ZIPS! :rock:

I'm not sure it really had anything to do with the sides...this game just wasn't one that was easy to get into. I was thrilled that the Zips won, but honestly - was I the only one that actually got bored at times during the game? Both sides gout loud when it mattered - that's all I ask.

Hey Bleacher, you might not be able to see it, but the north side was way better today than it was before. I have no one but you to credit for that improvement. I am not saying that that side was perfect, but relatively better. And as SGM said, the game wasn't that thrilling.By the way, i loved it when you guys started the "you have one point" cheer. Was that you who started it?

As a Southsider, I must say you all made the Northside look alive for once!At the Can't game I, for some awful reason, had to sit behind the cheerleaders, who I love. Let's face it, they're pretty awesome. But I could here that I was personally being louder than almost everyone else on that side! I don't want to hear my own voice! I want to be deafened by everyone around me!

Both sides were equally pitiful at the Ball State game.  What a joke.  You guys want the University to give you more privileges?  Then fill the AK-Rowdies seats at EVERY game, and not just the ones that are vs. Can't State or are on national TV.
You're preaching to the choir, Apollo. I sense a positive trend for attendance right now, but it shouldn't take this long into the season for people to show up. They knew we would be a good team, but I guess it is that Northeast-Ohio mentality. They needed some proof before they jumped on the bandwagon. We've been let down too many times to instantly support a team when they start doing well.