2023 Outstanding Offers

3 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Our DC offered LB Melvin Spriggs on his visit last night. 

In other news, recently offered DE Taylor Wein has since picked up his first P5 offers from Oklahoma and Southern Cal.

Could not find any details on Spriggs.  However, Wein looks fantastic!  He would be a great recruit.  I always think we need at least 3 DL in each recruiting class.  

Go Zips!!!

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

Could not find any details on Spriggs.  However, Wein looks fantastic!  He would be a great recruit.  I always think we need at least 3 DL in each recruiting class.  

Go Zips!!!

Spriggs hudl film is linked to his profile. He fits the mold of the LBs this staff has been recruiting - physical and explosive when coming down hill. Spriggs currently only has one other offer and I hope it stays that way to increase our chances of landing him.

I’m afraid we’ll be off Wein’s radar by the time it’s all said and done. A lot of times it’s like breaking a dam to a waterfall. Get a P5 offer from a well respected position coach and the offers start flowing in.

Edited by catdaddyp

9 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Spriggs hudl film is linked to his profile. He fits the mold of the LBs this staff has been recruiting - physical and explosive when coming down hill. Spriggs currently only has one other offer and I hope it stays that way to increase our chances of landing him.

Who is his other offer?

4 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Valpo.  But man, he's 6-2, 225 & can run and looks tough.

Yeah I agree. I always find it odd how players who clearly look like they can play slip through the cracks. Grades are an easy cop out, but I don't even think that is always the case. Konata Mumpfield would be a good example.

Also, my guess is they are recruiting him for OLB/Edge, which I think we need an upgrade at, and at the very least, more depth.

Edited by LZIp

46 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Yeah I agree. I always find it odd how players who clearly look like they can play slip through the cracks. Grades are an easy cop out, but I don't even think that is always the case. Konata Mumpfield would be a good example.

Also, my guess is they are recruiting him for OLB/Edge, which I think we need an upgrade at, and at the very least, more depth.

I’m not sure why he doesn't have more offers. He looks explosive from both DE and LB. Regardless of where he plays, we need more players with his ability on the roster.

Assuming no one transfers we’re looking at a returning core of Johnson, Richardson, Thomas, Fann, and Lawson at the edge next year. That’s a solid group talent wise, but will they play up to it?

Edited by catdaddyp

8 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Valpo is in the Pioneer & the Pioneer has a no scholarship agreement so I would say we are his only offer.

Yep, you are correct. They probably present it as an athletic scholarship when in fact it’s just financial aid and assuring him a spot on the football team.

Edited by catdaddyp

17 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

I’m afraid we’ll be off Wein’s radar by the time it’s all said and done. A lot of times it’s like breaking a dam to a waterfall. Get a P5 offer from a well respected position coach and the offers start flowing in.

Following up on Wein, he has gone from not ranked to a 3 star and collected offers from Virginia Tech and Ole Miss since this post.