2023 Outstanding Offers

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

Are we trying to recruit these guys or just throwing out offers to anyone and everyone?

We are actively recruiting all the JUCOs and recent HS offers. 

Sid Kaba visited, but was not interested in us. He was excited to recently receive an offer from Michigan State and then somewhat surprisingly committed to Western Michigan.

We wanted Barrett Maddox and I thought he might commit on his visit, but he then went on to receive several P5 offers. We even offered his younger brother.

I don’t know much about Luby Maurice.

Edited by catdaddyp

Just an FYI that some of these kids likely won’t be playing D1 ball next year despite having multiple offers. The portal is expected to have more entries than ever and some of the high school kids waiting on “better offers” are going to find themselves having to look elsewhere.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e6b26d60e64c4a1dJmltdHM9MTY2OTg1MjgwMCZpZ3VpZD0xNDA4ZWIzYS1lZTQzLTZhNGYtMzBjZC1lMGM1ZWY5MzZiYmYmaW5zaWQ9NTMxNQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=1408eb3a-ee43-6a4f-30cd-e0c5ef936bbf&psq=steele+wassel+high+school&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWF4cHJlcHMuY29tL2F0aGxldGUvc3RlZWxlLXdhc2VsL1daUmNsUE1VRWVpQXhLa2tLOUhJRGcvZGVmYXVsdC5odG0&ntb=1

I found this Maxpreps article (if I copied it correctly), that details Steele Wassel's season.  Based on this article, he has played fantastic and it looks like he is still in the playoffs.  If this is correct, we cannot lose him.  He will be a great Zip.

Go Zips!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e6b26d60e64c4a1dJmltdHM9MTY2OTg1MjgwMCZpZ3VpZD0xNDA4ZWIzYS1lZTQzLTZhNGYtMzBjZC1lMGM1ZWY5MzZiYmYmaW5zaWQ9NTMxNQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=1408eb3a-ee43-6a4f-30cd-e0c5ef936bbf&psq=steele+wassel+high+school&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWF4cHJlcHMuY29tL2F0aGxldGUvc3RlZWxlLXdhc2VsL1daUmNsUE1VRWVpQXhLa2tLOUhJRGcvZGVmYXVsdC5odG0&ntb=1

I found this Maxpreps article (if I copied it correctly), that details Steele Wassel's season.  Based on this article, he has played fantastic and it looks like he is still in the playoffs.  If this is correct, we cannot lose him.  He will be a great Zip.

Go Zips!!!

Sounds like he’s had a great year. I’m assuming Maxpreps is more up to date on their info than when I coached. They often had my teams playing the same team two or three times in a year with the same score and stats. Needless to say it messed up the overall record and stats for my teams.

18 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Sounds like he’s had a great year. I’m assuming Maxpreps is more up to date on their info than when I coached. They often had my teams playing the same team two or three times in a year with the same score and stats. Needless to say it messed up the overall record and stats for my teams.

I am sorry that you had issues with MaxPreps in the past, but it looks like they got it correct this time.  I found two additional websites to confirm that Choctaw HS is 11-1 this football season.  One of the sites was the Choctaw HS website.  I could not find any data to confirm Wassel's stats on these sites though.  It looks like they lost their opener and have rattled off 11 consecutive wins.  And they are playing for the state championship tonight.  

Go Steele Wassel, Go Choctaw High School, Go Zips!!!

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

I could not find any data to confirm Wassel's stats on these sites though.  It looks like they lost their opener and have rattled off 11 consecutive wins.  And they are playing for the state championship tonight.  

Go Steele Wassel, Go Choctaw High School, Go Zips!!!

According to an article from yesterday: Wasel's passing stats going into the championship game are

"3,040 yards, 36 touchdowns and four interceptions on 169-of-236 passing."

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zzx said:

According to an article from yesterday: Wasel's passing stats going into the championship game are

"3,040 yards, 36 touchdowns and four interceptions on 169-of-236 passing."

I posted a MaxPreps article yesterday that showed the same statistics, but it was challenged due to past experiences, so I tried to do some follow-up.  Please look at the prior posts from yesterday.    

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

I posted a MaxPreps article yesterday that showed the same statistics, but it was challenged due to past experiences, so I tried to do some follow-up.  Please look at the prior posts from yesterday.    

I wasn’t challenging it bigjim. Didn’t mean for it to come off that way. Just pointed out MaxPreps wasn’t always the most reliable source when I coached. 

Im not one that’s big into HS stats as it is. Different levels of competition can skew those. However, I am excited about Wasel.

Wasn’t sure if you meant me, but just wanted to clarify what I meant by my response.

Edited by catdaddyp

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

I was just backing you up by verifying with another source

33 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Looks like we are making Spriggs a priority.

As we should. Looks like we're his #1. He tweeted a video of him working out, then quote tweeted it and tagged Coach Tibs. He has also retweeted a bunch of Akron Football posts, and fellow Akron recruit posts. His high school even tweeted a photo of him as a state champion with the Akron "A" in it. I think he's being under-recruited from what I've read. Diamond in the rough. 

Also, if the Spriggs family reads this - BEAUTIFUL home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I suppose the plus of not making a bowl this year is it frees up the coaches and assistants to spend more time on finalizing a class.

Would obviously rather be bowling, but it took this staff no time to hit the road recruiting after the final game.