2023 Outstanding Offers

26 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

We offered JUCO LB Rodney Groce. He played 2 years at Mississippi State before transferring.

Per MSU website...

High School
Prepped at Pleasant Grove High School under head coach Darrell LeBeaux … Three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports … Top-30 prospect in Alabama per ESPN (No. 29), Rivals (No. 26) and 247Sports (No. 24) … Top-45 linebacker prospect per ESPN (No. 44), Rivals (No. 26) and 247Sports (No. 30) … As a senior, helped his PGHS to a 13-3 record and a Alabama High School Athletic Association Class 5A state runner up finish … Totaled 134 tackles, including 34.5 tackles for loss and 14.5 sacks … Added nine pass breakups, 21 quarterback hurries, four forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery … Had 13 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2.5 tackles for loss and one forced fumble against Ramsey in the third round of the playoffs … Also lettered in track and field … Committed to MSU on November 12, 2019.

Joe Mo recruit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Per MSU website...

High School
Prepped at Pleasant Grove High School under head coach Darrell LeBeaux … Three-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports … Top-30 prospect in Alabama per ESPN (No. 29), Rivals (No. 26) and 247Sports (No. 24) … Top-45 linebacker prospect per ESPN (No. 44), Rivals (No. 26) and 247Sports (No. 30) … As a senior, helped his PGHS to a 13-3 record and a Alabama High School Athletic Association Class 5A state runner up finish … Totaled 134 tackles, including 34.5 tackles for loss and 14.5 sacks … Added nine pass breakups, 21 quarterback hurries, four forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery … Had 13 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2.5 tackles for loss and one forced fumble against Ramsey in the third round of the playoffs … Also lettered in track and field … Committed to MSU on November 12, 2019.

Joe Mo recruit.

Yep. Another explosive player with a high upside.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/18486651/633b3a0a0dc03809f8bb43d9

32 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Saboor Karriem committed to Illinois (as expected). We didn’t stand much of a chance in landing him due to a number of factors (NJ pipeline, #1 rated defense, development of DBs, etc), but it shows the staff’s ability to identify high level talent.

You are definitely a glass is half full individual.

I can identify high level football talent so one would expect that a professional coach could do the same.

Hopefully the staff didn't devote too many resources trying to attract a player who they "didn't stand much of a chance in landing."

Edited by Zipmeister

21 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

You are definitely a glass is half full individual.

I can identify high level football talent so one would expect that a professional coach could do the same.

Hopefully the staff didn't devote too many resources trying to attract a player who they "didn't stand much of a chance in landing."

I am “half full” in certain situations. Ask my opinion on programs like South Florida, Charlotte, Nevada, Hawaii, UMASS before the season began and you would have gotten a much different take from me.

Arth was not offering the same type of players this staff is. Can’t land upper level players if they aren’t identified and offered.

I closely follow turnaround situations that have competent staffs. Hence my interest in Akron (plus my fairly recent move to Ohio). I watched Akron’s games last year, but wasn’t invested as I didn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel with what was happening. Moorhead’s hiring changed the direction of the program.

As far as Karriem goes, he could probably be viewed as a late bloomer, but when his recruiting picked up Illinois really put on the full court press.

8 hours ago, bigjim said:

catdaddyp is an excellent poster with great facts.

I am not a glass half full or glass half empty person.  I believe that you have the wrong size glass.  

If you do not understand this concept, then you are an Akron graduate with a Liberal Arts degree

Go Zips!!!!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes it really is a zero sum game.

Signed,

Graduate

Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences

Have you noticed a decline in participation on Zips Nation?

I think the lack of Ws raked up by the football team has a bunch of folks too disappointed to post and put others in a funk.

Emblematic, consider an unidentified poster who was one of the most optimistic posters on Zips Nation before the football season started, now reduced to unprovoked attacks on University of Akron graduates. Hang in there; things will get better.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:27 PM, Zipmeister said:

Have you noticed a decline in participation on Zips Nation?

I think the lack of Ws raked up by the football team has a bunch of folks too disappointed to post and put others in a funk.

Emblematic, consider an unidentified poster who was one of the most optimistic posters on Zips Nation before the football season started, now reduced to unprovoked attacks on University of Akron graduates. Hang in there; things will get better.

I think there are three points to make regarding this post:

1.  First, I check out the forums of the teams Akron football plays as well as the Browns and Indians sites, and I think that this forum is the best.  Kudos to whoever owns and runs this forum.

2.  I agree that the decline in participation is the result of the poor winning record of the Zips, but that may not be the only factor.

3.  I also think the decline is contributed to the very poor posts on this site.  I am not going to call posters out at this point who do not post facts but post BS, and I will hold that for the future.   Very few people post factual comments, and the majority of the statements that receive media comments are ones that have received smart aleck comments.  I think the posters need to improve their statements.

Go Zips!!!

• Like 1