2022 MACtion Talk

zippy5

8 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

We need a thread dedicated to all of PCCC's failures. 

The adventure of Wrong Way Parker may seem like news to some of our younger posters who were still in grade school at the time he became infamous.

2012!!! How time flies.

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Like 1

I tried to catch a little bit of all the games this weekend. Most were in action with some tough P5s and a few decent FCS programs, so it’s hard to get a good feel for what to expect. I was impressed with Miami holding their own in Kentucky. They’re a pretty experienced team with a damn good coach and QB.

Ohio picked up a big win. Any time you beat a fellow G5 on your home turf, that’s big. Akron has never done that in InfoCision Stadium. 

WMU impressed me with their ability to create space in the running game. With a new QB, they didn’t stand a chance though. 

Overall I wasn’t overly impressed with anyone this weekend. To me it seems like another down year for the league with the usual suspects contending for the title. Definitely no all-time great teams, unless NIU can go on another run. 

17 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Whaaaaat?  No way. Really?!  Thats pathetic.

To be more specific, Akron has never beaten an FBS non conference opponent at InfoCision

2009: Indiana

2010: Syracuse

2011: FIU

2012: UCF

2013: Louisiana

2014: Marshall

2015: Pitt

2016: App State

2017: Iowa State

2018: N/A

2019: UAB, Troy

2020: N/A

2021: Temple

2022: N/A

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I tried to catch a little bit of all the games this weekend. Most were in action with some tough P5s and a few decent FCS programs, so it’s hard to get a good feel for what to expect. I was impressed with Miami holding their own in Kentucky. They’re a pretty experienced team with a damn good coach and QB.

Ohio picked up a big win. Any time you beat a fellow G5 on your home turf, that’s big. Akron has never done that in InfoCision Stadium. 

WMU impressed me with their ability to create space in the running game. With a new QB, they didn’t stand a chance though. 

Overall I wasn’t overly impressed with anyone this weekend. To me it seems like another down year for the league with the usual suspects contending for the title. Definitely no all-time great teams, unless NIU can go on another run. 

That's absolutely false.

I watched Kent v. Washington. I thought Kent was better coached than us and had better talent. Based on what I saw in this first week we may have too big a gap to make up when playing the Flashes. They are the better team for now.

There is much in our first game that was disappointing, primarily QB and OL. Both were terrible. Still, this is a marathon and JoMo knows that. He probably also knows he has a bigger rebuild than he thought. That's OK. We have the right coach and he will deliver. This could be a painful year, even when we get to the MAC play. Like others there were transfers I had hoped he would play. I don't know why he didn't get them in the game, but I trust his decisions despite dying to know why they weren't in.

You gotta be tough to be a Zip fan......and we are. Enjoy soccer. Jared has a hell of a team that could see final four.

Go Zips!

• Like 2

ESPN Bottom 10...

9. The Akronmonious Buffaloed Baller Central State of Kent

While the #FunBelt was in full-on party mode, poor #MACtion spent its entire Saturday already looking like the morning after. The conference went 2-8 in nonconference games. Five teams are 0-2, punctuated by the Buffalo Bulls Not Bills and the 46-yard, as-time-expired game-losing TD toss it allowed to the Holy Cross Crusaders, a team that obviously practices a lot of Hail Mary's but apparently says a lot of Hail Mary's too.

10. Boiling Green (0-2)

The Brown Falcons lost in seven overtimes to Eastern Kentucky, the team picked to finish third in the ASUN Conference of the FCS. Bowling Green erased a 14-point deficit with a 21-0 run, but EKU scored on the final play of regulation to force overtime, then stopped BGSU and responded with a score to win in the seventh OT. So, if you were wondering why we left Bowling Green off the previous list of heartbroken MAC teams, now you know that was no accident. It didn't merely have its heart broken, it opened up its own wing of the cardiac ward.

4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Saw that. Pretty sad if true. That’s why it’s so important for the head coach to have full control over who’s on his staff.

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Do they not realize that college football is very much a spoils system? It most likely means they all will be fired too when a more permanent coach gets hired to replace Herm.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1