2022 MACtion Talk

zippy5

20 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Could anyone fill us in if you’ve been following how Konata Mumpfield has been faring this year at Pitt?

2nd leading WR on the team with 444 yards, also has 1 TD.

Mathison is the 4th leading WR for WKU, but has 537 and 3 TDs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Could anyone fill us in if you’ve been following how Konata Mumpfield has been faring this year at Pitt?

I haven't followed or watched him at Pitt, but here's his numbers

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4710855

Edited by Spin
I was lazy
  • Like 1

Ohio crushes BG to prevent the pathetic Falcons from making a trip to Detroit. BG would have been the worst division champ in MAC history, much worse than 2017 Akron if you can believe that. Also, Miami took out Ball State to win a Bahamas Bowl bid. 

BG has a big decision regarding Loeffler. On paper, you should probably give him a one-year extension, not many MAC schools fire bowl-eligible coaches. They can probably get away with it because of the new AD, and I would expect them to get clobbered in the bowl game too.

Edit: For context, in 2022 MAC games, Akron is 0-6 and has an average scoring margin of -10.5 points per game. BG went 5-3, and has an average scoring margin of -7

Edited by LoyalZIP

20 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Irons, Whigan, and Shocky make 3rd team. Bubba and Adams 1st team. George seems like a snub, but unsure what stats look like.

Feels like some politics there. No way all 3 of our WRs don’t make at least one of the teams. A little jarring that Shockey missed the first team when he was on national award watchlists.

56 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Feels like some politics there. No way all 3 of our WRs don’t make at least one of the teams. A little jarring that Shockey missed the first team when he was on national award watchlists.

Agreed on Shocky. While Adams may be the most talented and had the most explosive numbers, I feel Shocky was the most reliable receiver on the team, and definitely a top 5 most reliable receiver in the league. That's not what these lists are about, though. Numbers will always win for positions like that.

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It seems like we got a fair amount of recognition considering we finished dead last in the MAC.

We also finished with the top passing offense in MAC play. Which is why it’s head scratching when our 3 best receivers, who finished in the top 10 of most MAC receiving categories, didn’t all make it on a team.

Outside of that, can’t leave Bubba off of first team and Irons was also deserving of a spot so they put 2 QBs on the third team.

Whigan was absolutely our best OL, so it was nice to see him recognized. 

Argument could also be made for Thompson to have been on the 3rd team.

Despite our record, we definitely had a handful of standout players this year. Especially in conference play.

26 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

We also finished with the top passing offense in MAC play. Which is why it’s head scratching when our 3 best receivers, who finished in the top 10 of most MAC receiving categories, didn’t all make it on a team.

Outside of that, can’t leave Bubba off of first team and Irons was also deserving of a spot so they put 2 QBs on the third team.

Whigan was absolutely our best OL, so it was nice to see him recognized. 

Argument could also be made for Thompson to have been on the 3rd team.

Despite our record, we definitely had a handful of standout players this year. Especially in conference play.

Oh, I don't disagree those players deserved it. I can see how my comment may have came a crossed as me saying otherwise. I'm just more surprised the voters didn't hold it against us.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

And their coach is a finalist for Cincy. 

If Lewis is seriously the best Cincinnati can do, they would just be better off promoting their offensive or defensive coordinator to the position. At least doing that would help them avoid the mass exodus of transfers.