Electronic Tickets

Football grandma

Do you have a smart phone, @Football grandma?  I waited till the last minute & downloaded my tickets yesterday, but, thankfully, it worked without a hitch. But I've got an iPhone.  Using my iPhone, I opened the emails from Akron Athletics (one email for parking passes, a separate email for game tickets). It then automatically asked if I wanted to transfer each individual parking pass and ticket to my iPhone "wallet."  I clicked "yes" and they transferred right over (one at a time). Now, when I open my iPhone "wallet" app, I can see tabs for all of my parking passes and tickets. I then simply touch the tab I want and it displays either the selected parking pass or the selected ticket on the entire face of the iPhone screen.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

• Dr Z changed the title to Electronic Tickets
11 hours ago, Football grandma said:

Has anyone been successful in using this service? I've tried 4 times to establish a new account to no avail. I hit the save button and nothing happens...spinning, spinning... If the school is paying for this service it's being ripped off.

Did you solve your issue? I had no issue, it went as @Blue & Gold described above. Anyone else have problems? 

I tried the AD promoted site gozips.com/tickets on my phone, tablet, and computer. The site requires registration to buy the tickets. I filled out the form 8 times over 2 days. Same result every time; press "save" and nothing happens. I taught computer applications for 20+ years so I believe I did everything correctly. After the fiasco, I bought tickets at the gate!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Football grandma said:

A $25 ticket is actually $31. Why not just say the price is $31? We felt like we were being scammed. I guess the AD realized how much money concert ticket sellers make by tacking on as many fees as they can. I would expect buying online would have extra fees, but buying at the gate? We'll watch from home now.

Fees at the gate? Big turn-off for me. As you said, state the price and don't make it feel like you're fleecing me.

'Maintenance' fee, 'Convenience' fee, 'Transaction' fee, 'We appreciate your business!' fee, 'Just-For-Ghits-and-Siggles' fee ... we become what we allow and we've come to accept just about anything. 

• Like 2