Game 2: Akron ZIPS @ Michigan State - Score Prediction (POLL)

AKSportsFan

Game 2: Akron ZIPS @ Michigan State - Score Prediction (POLL)  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going with more than 4 scores while at the same time predicting the Zips play better than last weekend. If MSU gets up early, it could be a long day for the Zips. MSU goes to Seattle next weekend to play Washington. They need to get their starters in game shape for a 4 quarter game next weekend so I don't see them calling off the dogs, regardless of the score, until the end of the 3rd quarter. In fact, with the exception of Maryland, their schedule is pretty brutal through the end of October. I like the 9 game Big Ten schedule. It is a sign of a conference confident in the product they are selling. Call me crazy, but I think the MAC is offering a good product and I'd like to see them do the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I can't wait until our program is at the level where we have time to do look alike threads for opponents instead of figuring out how we won't suck weekly. 

I think we may be at that point. Here's a thought;we could let the coaches figure out how to avoid sucking weekly and have ZipsNation posters spend more time doing stuff the coaches don't do like creating look alike posts. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I think we may be at that point. Here's a thought;we could let the coaches figure out how to avoid sucking weekly and have ZipsNation posters spend more time doing stuff the coaches don't do like creating look alike posts. 

Along with a look-alike thread, we need a thread for opponents' nicknames. 

i.e. PCCC for KSUcks. 

Michigan State - Flint Community College West Campus

Goes to show the Beacon Journal covers the Zips as a local obligation only. 

"Oh, the Zips won? Okay, I'll just assume it was a promising performance now and write something simple so I can get back to slobbering over Ohio State". 

Nothing about the game was promising. I appreciate the win, but we literally almost lost to a cupcake team. 

• Like 1

I’m definitely not ecstatic over our performance but Saint Francis isn’t as bad as your all making them out to be.  They came within 5 points of being the NEC champs last year.  We played our 1st game with a new regime & he mixed up playing time quite a bit.  But real positives we can take from the game that we always killed our selves in the past is 1.  We punted & kicked well, minus the 1 field goal but those things killed us in past.  2.  Penalties as a whole, especially delay of games & false starts not an issue that always killed us.  I’m hoping you will see more out of the defense  as it continues to improve & the correct player combinations are on the field.  That being said the next 2 weeks will be huge challenges.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I’m definitely not ecstatic over our performance but Saint Francis isn’t as bad as your all making them out to be.  They came within 5 points of being the NEC champs last year.  We played our 1st game with a new regime & he mixed up playing time quite a bit.  But real positives we can take from the game that we always killed our selves in the past is 1.  We punted & kicked well, minus the 1 field goal but those things killed us in past.  2.  Penalties as a whole, especially delay of games & false starts not an issue that always killed us.  I’m hoping you will see more out of the defense  as it continues to improve & the correct player combinations are on the field.  That being said the next 2 weeks will be huge challenges.  

Fully agree with this. I watched P5 squads struggle with slower, less-talented FCS opponents week 1 than what we faced in SFU. 

After skating by St. Francis in OT last week, my expectations are low. I expect something g lime a 50-10 blowout, though I am always cheering for MSU to lose after the NCAA failed to punish them for their role in cov e ri g for Dr. Larry Nasser in the USA women's gymnastics abuse scandal.

Coach Joe has a lot of rebuilding to do. Arth left the program in shambles.

I urge all the cable viewers to check their channels prior to the game so that they do not miss the early part of the game.  The game is not on my Spectrum BTN network channel 32.  However, it is on my BIGTNAHD network, channel 334.  

Even though I expect a slaughter:

Let's go Zips!!!!

Let's go Zips!!!

Let's go Zips!!!

• Like 1