Indiana - Huge Road game on September 9

5 hours ago, TennZip said:

Top Drawer Soccer correctly identifies the Zips and the Hoosiers as a marquee matchup this weekend

game available for streaming on Big Ten Plus

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/mens-preview-9-8:-5-games-to-watch_aid51221

Imagine how marquee of a matchup it would be if Akron wasn't shafted by TDS with their ranking. 

6 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

We will be in Bloomington.

I know that being loud is not one of your shortcomings 😂 but please make sure our team knows you’re there supporting them. They love, and very much deserve, the support. I wish I could be there, too. 

GO ZIPS!!! 🤩

9 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I know that being loud is not one of your shortcomings 😂 but please make sure our team knows you’re there supporting them. They love, and very much deserve, the support. I wish I could be there, too. 

GO ZIPS!!! 🤩

Will.  Do.

11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Imagine how marquee of a matchup it would be if Akron wasn't shafted by TDS with their ranking. 

I learned in our run to the title in the spring of 21 not to pay any attention to TDS. They have Marshall setting at #13 after whipping #2 Pitt and WVU at #10 after getting thumped by #2 Pitt and unranked Penn State. TDS looks and sounds a little cliqish to me.

Enough about my rant on TDS, just stopped by to wish Akron good luck against the Hoosiers. And its nice to have Akron back to their old self as a player in the college soccer world.

Edited by BigGreenTruck
  • Like 4

There's A LOT of nonsense (non-truths) in this history (link at bottom) of the Akron-IU rivalry. The one point I believe is correct is that Akron owns the advantage in the last ten meetings.  I well remember the game at Lee Jackson in 1980. It was played on a Sunday -- not Saturday as this says. The Browns (aka that season as the Kardiak Kids) played I think the Steelers and Pittsburgh's PK was Matt Bahr (he joined the Browns the following season) who played soccer against Akron earlier, and along with his fellow NFL placekicker brother Chris was the son of another hated opposing coach, the legendary Walter Bahr (pronounced VAL- tehr- Bar) who coached his sons in soccer at Penn State . My memory is that Don Cockroft kicking the winning FG at the end was the highlight of either game -- and that "Uncle" Georgie Nanchoff was more interested in the Browns game on my transistor radio than the Hoosiers win (3-1 I think) on our field. 🤣

This was the Indiana team on which Yeagley subbed his entire field squad of ten players at the same time. I don't know today, but at the time that seemed incredibly arrogant of Yeags. Jerry at that time was the biggest referee baiter ever. It was amazing he never received even a yellow card! I believe our 2022 Zips can maintain that past ten-year advantage, and anything less than a draw will be terribly disappointing. fknbuflobo bring back a W from Armstrong!

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/msoc/opponent-history/akron/153

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Is the only way to watch this to drop $50 for a yearly subscription to Big Ten+ Soccer?

No, you can pay $9.95 for one month subscription to just follow IU

or you can $14.95 for one month conference pass...and you can see Akron at IU tonight and Akron at Penn State on sept. 25

I just paid my $14.95

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TennZip said:

No, you can pay $9.95 for one month subscription to just follow IU

or you can $14.95 for one month conference pass...and you can see Akron at IU tonight and Akron at Penn State on sept. 25

I just paid my $14.95

Great catch. Just did the same.

For clarification, their sport-specific package is $50 for annual, and that's the only option. 

• Like 1

Their field is an embarassment.

They had to cancel home game on September 3rd due to an unplayable field.

That being said, the zips had energy for 10 minutes.....and then Indiana had the better of ball possession.

Zips need to do a better job in the 2nd half of getting the ball to Malik Henry. 

IU's field is an embarrassment, especially for such a successful mens soccer program. Lots of accomplishments for IU Mens Soccer to highlight around their stadium. I look forward to the day when we have our accomplishments back up on banners at First Energy Stadium Cub Cadet Field.

Hopefully, the Zips pick up our game in the 2nd half.

Thank goodness for Mitch Budler's 9 saves. Result could have been MUCH worse. Thanks Mitch.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything else good on which to comment. Lots of work needed. We miss Guyon Chong. 

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1