Game 3: Akron ZIPS @ Tennessee - Score Prediction (POLL)

AKSportsFan

Game 3: Akron ZIPS @ Tennessee - Score Prediction (POLL)  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whats worse a 52-0 curb stomping (though we thought would be the case) OR that we lost DJ Irons to injury....

Seems like we all feel like our best chance to compete this season is with DJ under center (though some speculated otherwise in pre-season). After seeing Undercuffler take over albeit without first team reps and game time prep, he just didn't look the part. 

Hoping to see something this week to cling onto to salvage something of a season. Can't State playing respectable in their game doesn't make feel better about getting the WW back this year either. 

Sorry for sounding like a downer but man I had some hope squashed. Cheering this team on every week regardless. Hope there is some glory to be had.

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Tennessee by 6 scores. 42 points. I do think we'll score a TD this week as JoeMo will install a game plan more suited to Undercuffler's abilities. But I'm not even really looking forward to this one 😕

I’m with you. I’ll watch, but not to see us win. For me, it goes back to seeing if we can use these games to build depth and find some players on the roster who can help us going forward. 

• Like 2

I would love to see Undercuffler have a good performance this weekend. After a week of starting QB preparations, I hope that makes a difference. We shall see, but that would be a positive right there.

If it gets really ugly, maybe we'll see a bit of Jennings? 

Again, I am not really that excited for this game. I just hope it goes better than expected. 

The year the Zips beat Pitt, we were 5-7. The year we beat Northwestern, we were 4-8. The year we beat NC State we were 5-6. The year we battled Michigan to the final gun we were 5-7. The year we lost to Virginia Tech 21-18, we were 4-7. I recall a terrible Greg Gromek-led Zips team went into the locker room knotted 7-7 at Illinois once. So why can't the 2022 Zips play Tennessee tight this weekend?

I hope we can string together some first downs, and Undercuffler channels his "inner Dalton Williams". And, the defense continues to improve. Then, maybe we have a shot to keep it close. 

The Zips seem to show up and play a great marquee game when it seems completely improbable. Here's hoping some Zips players catch lightning in a bottle this Saturday and, if not shock the world, at least give it a respect-worthy kick in the nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Agreed. The score would not have been what it was had we not lost Irons. We were moving the ball so I’d have to assume we would have at least scored 10 points in addition to keeping the ball out of MSU’s offense’s hands.

MSU would've been on upset alert until the middle of the 3Q in my opinion. We would've found the endzone eventually, and the Irons injury sapped all the energy from the team. 

58 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

I would love to see Undercuffler have a good performance this weekend. After a week of starting QB preparations, I hope that makes a difference. We shall see, but that would be a positive right there.

If it gets really ugly, maybe we'll see a bit of Jennings? 

Again, I am not really that excited for this game. I just hope it goes better than expected. 

With Irons only a Junior and the kid from Oklahoma coming in, I would love to see what Jennings can offer. Not sure Tennessee is the game to do it in, but ce la vie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

Free TV or watch on the net?  

SECN and ESPN+ require some sort of subscription. SECN has a deal with ESPN, so if you already have ESPN+ you can also watch SECN games. 

I have the Disney+ package which has the Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle. I downloaded the ESPN app and watch through there.

Sometimes you can find a YouTube channel that is steaming it for free.