Snap Count YTD

catdaddyp

I’ll update the snap leaders after each game. Once a player hits 100 snaps on offense or defense he will be added to the list. For ST, just the top guys receiving PT will be added.

OFFENSE

LG Max Banes = 201 (72.2)

RG Anthony Whigan = 186 (57.6)

RT Nate Williams = 182 (57.5)

QB DJ Irons = 167 (71.5)

WR Daniel George = 167 (64.5)

WR Shockey Jacques-Louis = 163 (69.1)

HB Cam Wiley = 156 (67.2)

LT Jordan Daniels = 154 (62.1)

C Alex Robarge = 112 (52.8)

TE TJ Banks = 107 (59.0)

DEFENSE

DE Victor Jones = 186 (57.3)

DT Curtis Harper = 164 (56.5)

CB Tyson Durant = 154 (64.6)

DB Darrian Lewis = 153 (51.0)

S Kerry Martin = 146 (51.2)

S Nate Thompson = 145 (68.4)

CB Jalen Hooks = 144 (41.7)

CB Devonte Golden-Nelson = 140 (57.2)

S Jaylen Kelly-Powell = 133 (53.5)

DE Ryan Johnson = 129 (60.3)

LB Bubba Arslanian = 118 (51.3)

DE Zach Morton = 116 (50.7)

SPECIAL TEAMS

WR Shawn Naim = 70
HB Blake Hester = 68

LB Corey Thomas = 58

DE Angelo Howze = 57

DE Bennett Adler = 55

Notes:

- I added in the PFF grades, but take that with a grain of salt. Victor Jones has been mentioned over and over by JoeMo and I don’t think anyone on staff would say Thompson is playing better than Jones.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love seeing young guns Nate Williams (OL) and Darian Lewis (DB) getting so many snaps.  Darian Lewis has really stood out to me.  I enjoy watching & feel somewhat competent judging RB's & DB's (what I played) but evaluating line play is way above my pay grade... but none other than Ball Coach JoeMo mentioned Williams is probably the most physical of all our OL.

Too many snaps for Hooks. We're obviously thin at CB.

IMHO, Nate Thompson has been underwhelming at S and I'm surprised at how little playing time Kerry Martin Jr. has received.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Love seeing young guns Nate Williams (OL) and Darian Lewis (DB) getting so many snaps.  Darian Lewis has really stood out to me.  I enjoy watching & feel somewhat competent judging RB's & DB's (what I played) but evaluating line play is way above my pay grade... but none other than Ball Coach JoeMo mentioned Williams is probably the most physical of all our OL.

Too many snaps for Hooks. We're obviously thin at CB.

IMHO, Nate Thompson has been underwhelming at S and I'm surprised at how little playing time Kerry Martin Jr. has received.  

Lewis has been a pleasant surprise. It seems no matter where he is lined up, he somehow gets in on the action. The staff probably feels like they can’t take him off the field at this point. 

The right side of our OL with Whigan and Williams has been strong. The rest of the OL looked much better against MSU. I suspect they will keep improving and Daniels will be our LT from here on out. 

Something has to be done about the CB spot Hooks is in. I can’t help but think it’s only a matter of time before he’s supplanted. Hooks seems to be a solid tackler so I wonder if it would make sense to move him to safety as tackling has been an issue at times with Martin and Thompson. Durant may be the best option to beat out Hooks, but I’m hoping Threatt will develop and compete for minutes soon. 

For all the talk about our secondary being the strength of the defense, they have been anything but up to this point. We have an excellent DB’s coach so I’m sure he will get the most out of the DBs by year end, but so far the only ones I’ve been really impressed with are Lewis, Golden-Nelson, and Kelly-Powell.

Oh, another thing.  I love Shocky at WR; fantastically sticky hands. But he doesn't impress me much as a return man.

I saw a HS game where Darrian Lewis returned 3 kicks for TD's (it may have been 2 for TD's and another to the goal line).  

(But... of course I have to keep in mind that was against the Louisville Leopards 😂)

Not that I know anything JoeMo & Co. don't, but if Shocky's gonna be the man, he really needs to be a little more aggressive in fielding shorter punts instead of letting them hit & roll.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Have you noticed whether or not they've tried Lewis at CB? Or is he alway nickel/safety? 

I haven’t seen him lined up at either of the outside corner spots. I could have missed if it did happen, but I’m pretty sure Hooks and Golden-Nelson have taken all the meaningful snaps at those positions. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Oh, another thing.  I love Shocky at WR; fantastically sticky hands. But he doesn't impress me much as a return man.

I saw a HS game where Darrian Lewis returned 3 kicks for TD's (it may have been 2 for TD's and another to the goal line).  

(But... of course I have to keep in mind that was against the Louisville Leopards 😂)

Not that I know anything JoeMo & Co. don't, but if Shocky's gonna be the man, he really needs to be a little more aggressive in fielding shorter punts instead of letting them hit & roll.

Shocky has played well but he is an unsportsmanlike penalty waiting to happen. Needs to shut his mouth and just play! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MangoZip said:

Shocky has played well but he is an unsportsmanlike penalty waiting to happen. Needs to shut his mouth and just play! 

Well said. Also, his fumble against MSU was very avoidable. Trying to be a hero and break 5 tackles at once isn't something I would expect from a seasoned veteran. I don't expect that to be an issue again, at least I hope.

59 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Well said. Also, his fumble against MSU was very avoidable. Trying to be a hero and break 5 tackles at once isn't something I would expect from a seasoned veteran. I don't expect that to be an issue again, at least I hope.

Yes, his toothpick arms were bound to get stripped in that situation - go down when it makes sense 

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I predicted Golden would be a freshman getting meaningful minutes and he has. I wonder if he has experience returning punts because I think he would be good at it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I predicted Golden would be a freshman getting meaningful minutes and he has. I wonder if he has experience returning punts because I think he would be good at it.

Maybe so? I believe the other kickoff returners have been Grimes and Golden. If that’s the case, they are probably backing up SJL at punt return.