Game # 4: @ Liberty Flames

GoZips86

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

IMHO (I'm completely out of my depth when analyzing OL play) our OL has gotten MUCH better since Week 1.  They were able to pass block with much more success against MSU & TN than they did against lowly StFU.  We were a sieve against FCS StFU.

Did replacing Xavier Gray with Jordan Daniels really make that much of a difference?  

🤯🤯🤯

Another consideration for someone(s) with a higher Football IQ than me: Were we possibly StFU's "Super Bowl" so they threw everything but the kitchen sink at us (scheme wise) & were able to confuse our OL, while MSU & TN knew they'd handle us rather easily so just ran vanilla defensive schemes so as to not put too much on tape for their future B1G & SEC opponents, respectively, thus making it more simple to block & therefore I'm just getting my hopes up for our OL for no good reason?

I believe you are correct that most of the apparent improvement in the OL over the last two weeks is a result of our opponents giving us a healthy

dose of their pure vanilla defense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I believe you are correct that most of the apparent improvement in the OL over the last two weeks is a result of our opponents giving us a healthy

dose of their pure vanilla defense.

While some stunts or whatever may have not been used as a result of the score, the OL has still done a good job handling their man in pass protection, which I think is encouraging. Run blocking would appear to still leave a lot to desire, but DJ being a non-running threat last week made it easier on the defense as well.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, kreed5120 said:

This could actually be a game if the Zips weren't in year 0 of a rebuild. Akron will look less over matched compared to their prior two games, but Liberty is far more talented still. I say the Zips lose this game 35-14

I’m going with the exact same score. Zips finally cover, but still lose by three scores.

1 minute ago, Z.I.P. said:

What in the world is going on with the start of this game??  All media shows 12:00 EST kick. Lightning?? Why no updates from Zips social media.

6pm kickoff on ESPN+

So noon your time - in paradise. Enjoy watching this on the beach. Aloha and Shaka brah!

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

6pm kickoff on ESPN+

So noon your time - in paradise. Enjoy watching this on the beach. Aloha and Shaka brah!

Neva mine...  ESPN reads 12 p.m. Usually that means Eastern Standard.  Meantime I'm watching this barnburner between EMU and Canada. First to 50 should win.  NO defense!