Jump to content

Game 4: Akron ZIPS @ Liberty - Score Prediction (POLL)


AKSportsFan
 Share

Game 4: Akron ZIPS @ Liberty - Score Prediction (POLL)  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I said Akron bc why not? As someone mentioned in another thread, when I think of Liberty, I think of an upper echelon MAC team and I'd hope that we can hang with anyone in the MAC based on the # of P5 transfers playing under the MAC's best coach - Joe Moorhead.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope I’m dead wrong, but I said Liberty by 2-3 scores. If it was a home game I think it would be closer. I suspect we’ll see our best offensive showing to date, but my concern is with our defense. And that’s not taking a shot at our defense, but more out of respect for Liberty’s offense. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to slow them down enough to give ourselves a chance. I know someone said they will be using a backup QB, but their starting RB has 215 yards out of their total of 604 rushing yards. Even if Liberty’s passing game is subdued, will we be able to stop the run? As for the passing game, will we consistently tackle in space? If Liberty is using a backup QB, I bet we see an abundance of screens and other short throws.

 

This is another game where I want to see a step in the right direction. We’ve yet to see either side of the ball put together a full game. I know that’s coming, but I doubt it’s Saturday. A game I’d be satisfied with is a competitive showing where we build more depth and can feel good about heading into conference play. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

I hope I’m dead wrong, but I said Liberty by 2-3 scores. If it was a home game I think it would be closer. I suspect we’ll see our best offensive showing to date, but my concern is with our defense. And that’s not taking a shot at our defense, but more out of respect for Liberty’s offense. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to slow them down enough to give ourselves a chance. I know someone said they will be using a backup QB, but their starting RB has 215 yards out of their total of 604 rushing yards. Even if Liberty’s passing game is subdued, will we be able to stop the run? As for the passing game, will we consistently tackle in space? If Liberty is using a backup QB, I bet we see an abundance of screens and other short throws.

 

This is another game where I want to see a step in the right direction. We’ve yet to see either side of the ball put together a full game. I know that’s coming, but I doubt it’s Saturday. A game I’d be satisfied with is a competitive showing where we build more depth and can feel good about heading into conference play. 

I’m told there starting RB is out, 3rd string QB & going 4 wide and both our old recruits Louis & Sibley are starting & supposed to be a big part of the offense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I’m told there starting RB is out, 3rd string QB & going 4 wide and both our old recruits Louis & Sibley are starting & supposed to be a big part of the offense

That would definitely make things interesting. Tackling in space could still be an issue which would allow short gains to turn into explosive plays. Maybe this will be the game our defense collectively puts it together. Freeze is as good as they come offensively, so I hope in our case he does not have the players to execute his system on Saturday.

Edited by catdaddyp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

That would definitely make things interesting. Tackling in space could still be an issue which would allow short gains to turn into explosive plays. Maybe this will be the game our defense collectively puts it together. Freeze is as good as they come offensively, so I hope in our case he does not have the players to execute his system on Saturday.

My fear is speed, they will have a ton of it in their skilled positions, better understand there assignments and use the right angles or they could have big plays

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Liberty's injuries, I'm looking for a close Zips win.  We have gotten off to fast starts, but allowed mistakes to derail us.  This week we put it together.  Turn overs will be key.  New starter jitters will lead to Liberty T/O's.  Don't we still have some expected contributors that have not seen action yet?  A couple more bodies on D could help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going out on a limb that is sawed in half.  I picked the Zips to win.  I have disagreed with most that Irons has been playing well, but I expect a big game from him tomorrow.  We have very good receivers, TE's, and RB's.  I also saw that we are getting another DL back.  Liberty is good, but I am expecting an upset from the 26,5 pt spread deficit.  

In Coach JoeMo we Trust!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

My fear is speed, they will have a ton of it in their skilled positions, better understand there assignments and use the right angles or they could have big plays

Liberty may have even more motivation to prove they can win without some key parts. Zips mmight move the ball a little more if the O line holds up and Joe can get a run game going. How healthy is Irons? If he is still limited that offense is going to struggle. I am afraid the D may give up big plays. I just want to see a more competitive game.

Zips have to be tired of playing the teams they have on the road all month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lee Adams said:

Zips have to be tired of playing the teams they have on the road all month.

Yeah, I hope they're energetic and ready to go. They've traveled a lot this past month and to top it off I saw on twitter that they had an awfully bumpy flight down there (one team manager was joking about it by saying he's never flying again).  Hope they're amped up and ready to go come 6:00!  Go Zips!

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...