Game # 5: vs. Bowling Green Falcons (Homecoming 2022)

LoyalZIP

20 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

They gave a game away but an Arth team accomplishes nothing at halftime and gives up much earlier and loses by double digits.  This team at least kept fighting.  We have to accept the small victories when there's so far to come.

Agree Clark.  Hubby and I at the game and when the punt debacle occurred, we both said, "Last two seasons this game would be over."  And we were proud the way the Zips came back and made a game of it.  Like you said, they kept fighting, kept trying to find a way to win.  Small victories, indeed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zippy-claws said:

Agree Clark.  Hubby and I at the game and when the punt debacle occurred, we both said, "Last two seasons this game would be over."  And we were proud the way the Zips came back and made a game of it.  Like you said, they kept fighting, kept trying to find a way to win.  Small victories, indeed. 

You can see it on the sidelines.  How many times last year did we see kids on the sideline that were disinterested or dejected?  You don't see that this year as the kids are fired up and focused on the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ziptrumpet87 said:

IMHO they seemed to go downhill when The Chest retired 

I agree completely also. The Chest and the Tank held those teams together. Great coaches. I love watching coaches and how they respond to various situations on the sidelines. These two knew how to get the best from the players. I think we are at the beginning of great coaching from this staff.

You hire a coach for the long run. You want a guy who will build a legacy. Coach Jo will do just that. He gets it and he gets Akron. Just watch his presser and you realize he wants to deliver a win as bad as we want one. Our mistakes will be corrected and we will cease to beat ourselves. That will happen because we have good coaching and we are growing our talent base. Neither of those two happened under Arth or Bowden. The process may be painful at times, ala BUGS and Liberty, but the foundation is emerging. We haven't seen this engagement from the coaches or the team in a long time. From that base Jo will turn it around. 

• Like 4

I appreciate all of the thoughtful post-game thoughts made so far, but one of the most important aspects of the game, a topic several ZipsNation members (you know who you are) could talk about all day long, has not been mentioned yet.

In general, how were the Zips uniforms?

What color were their jerseys?

Were the jerseys the right shade of whatever color they were?

What color combination of jersey and pants would have improved their overall look?

Do you think the Zips helmets were the best color to go with the rest of the uniform?

Do you think a different font for the players numbers would improve the look of the jerseys?

What did you like most about their uniforms?

What did you like least about their uniforms? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zipmeister said:

I appreciate all of the thoughtful post-game thoughts made so far, but one of the most important aspects of the game, a topic several ZipsNation members (you know who you are) could talk about all day long, has not been mentioned yet.

What color combination of jersey and pants would have improved their overall look?

Do you think the Zips helmets were the best color to go with the rest of the uniform?

Do you think a different font for the players numbers would improve the look of the jerseys?

All the uniforms look slick a hell IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

All the uniforms look slick a hell IMO.

+1.

I'm a big fan of the rebranded A, and with that has come some incredibly nice uniforms. 

33 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Underrated comment

58 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

tenor-22133214.gif.11167346cb903afb8e7a421b55ba8b5b.gif

*I will say that w/ the blue jerseys & blue pants I think the gold helmets would have looked better. With this team we have little margin for error, so our equipment crew simply must do better.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Only 8,093 attended the game Saturday? Maybe its because I sit low, but I felt the crowd was more filled than that. 

The lower west side was quite full.

Upper west side looked almost as full as opening night.

I wish the crowd was louder, but looking over from the east stands the west side crowd didn't look too sparse.

We haven't talked enough about how good Clyde Price looked at RB.  He looks like a RB and has the leg strength to pull his legs through arm tackles (Idk if Cam has that kind of leg strength).  He was doing a great job running behind his pads, getting some extra yards after contact, and falling forward.  I've always thought that for RB give me a guy who's 5'9 & #200.  But at 6'1" #220 Pryce is an absolute monster.  Pryce may not have the breakaway speed or home run capability of Cam, but until we have a better OL we'd better stick with the bigger back who can give us a cloud of dust & 3 yards a pop.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

We haven't talked enough about how good Clyde Price looked at RB.  He looks like a RB and has the leg strength to pull his legs through arm tackles (Idk if Cam has that kind of leg strength).  He was doing a great job running behind his pads, getting some extra yards after contact, and falling forward.  I've always thought that for RB give me a guy who's 5'9 & #200.  But at 6'1" #220 Pryce is an absolute monster.  Pryce may not have the breakaway speed or home run capability of Cam, but until we have a better OL we'd better stick with the bigger back who can give us a cloud of dust & 3 yards a pop.

I thought he did really well with what he was given. His one cut and get downhill style seems to be what this offense needs at this time. 

Honestly, I’ve been pleased with the majority of the transfer class. We weren’t going to hit on all of them, but the majority are contributing and seem to be progressing each week.

• Like 1