Cancel school please!!

Never, as far as I can tell. The only time they close the entire campus is when the roads are exceedingly icy, and even then it's a crapshoot. I know some people who got first-degree frostbite on Friday just from walking in between classes, and it is even colder now than it was last week.

I know exactly what you folks are talkin'about! The thermometer at my house here in Honolulu hit the almost unbearable temperature of fifty-five degrees this morning. And with the wind chill, I swear it was in the forties! If this keeps up, the University of Hawai'i might consider turning down the air conditioning on campus. Brrrrrr!Zip in Paradise

According to the fox news website, as of 1:33am in Akron it is 1 degree, but with the windchill it is -29 hopefully the president is smart enough to realise its to dang cold to have people having to walk in this weather. but we shall see.
nope. Smart and anyone running this university doesn't mix. It seems that someone forgot to tell them they can't nickel and dime someone when they froze to death.

why cancel classes when some of the students live on campus, and some of the students who commute have no problem with colder temperatures?If you have a crappy vehicle or you can't afford to dress in layers, then don't go in. Something tells me they wont fail you for now showing up today.If the University is willing to pay the bills to keep the heat on for you today, I am guessing that they think it's a good idea not to set everyone's semester back because of chilly temps.

why cancel classes when some of the students live on campus, and some of the students who commute have no problem with colder temperatures?If you have a crappy vehicle or you can't afford to dress in layers, then don't go in. Something tells me they wont fail you for now showing up today.If the University is willing to pay the bills to keep the heat on for you today, I am guessing that they think it's a good idea not to set everyone's semester back because of chilly temps.
I forgot living on campus makes you immune from walking around in -20 degree temps all day. I should have paid more attention to my physics class.

why cancel classes when some of the students live on campus, and some of the students who commute have no problem with colder temperatures?If you have a crappy vehicle or you can't afford to dress in layers, then don't go in.  Something tells me they wont fail you for now showing up today.If the University is willing to pay the bills to keep the heat on for you today, I am guessing that they think it's a good idea not to set everyone's semester back because of chilly temps.
I forgot living on campus makes you immune from walking around in -20 degree temps all day. I should have paid more attention to my physics class.
LOL, everyone made it to work today. I also forgot my physiology class where they taught that your diploma gave you "heartiness"

You're totally right, i will park my car in the non existing indoor parking and walk to my class through the heated bridge that doesn't exist.After closing the lower levels of the engineering building, i have to walk for half a mile from my car to the building every day... and if you haven't heard, it is cold.

seriously, don't go to classes today. Like I said, I think most of the instructors and profs are not going to hold it against you.But like I said, in MY opinion, I agree that the school shouldn't put EVERYONE behind in the semester just because some people can't man up and go outside today.

Don't keep me in suspense ..... did the U. of A. cancel classes Monday? I am guessing not. What about Tuesday? I need to know because I have to pick up six more tickets for the Braketbuster game and I don't want to drive 40 miles and find the JAR closed.

you can't just skip classes because you still have tests, quizzes, etc that you have to go in for. then you have to remember that the middle of campus is a fucking wind tunnel. i think there's a bit of a problem when the snow line tells you to cover your piercings to avoid frostbite. this is the coldest weather i've ever been in, and i am not looking forward to my walk to practice at 7, then to and from my class in polsky.

Dress for the weather people. I don't have any piercings, but it would seem common sense to me to avoid having metal touching skin in this kind of weather.Captain: Last year I called a snow machine race on the Bering Sea ice for 3 hours at -40 degrees, -70 degree wind chill. You better believe I had a flask with me for commercial breaks ;)