Game # 6: @ Ohio Bobcats

LoyalZIP

Already at the midway point in the season, and the road warriors are back at it. So great for the home fans to experience one home game over a span of 5 games!

The Kittens opened the season with a nice home win over FAU, and beat Fordham in a shootout in week 4. They opened MAC play with an embarrassing choke job losing in OT at Kent. 

Kurtis Rourke leads the offense, brother of former Bobcat QB Nathan Rourke. And he’s just about as good. 

The line is Ohio -11. Akron hasn’t won in Athens since….2004!

Ohio, more so Rourke seems a little better than I thought. With that said, they're still a middling MAC team at best and I expect us to compete and have a chance to win vs all MAC opponents until proven otherwise. Clean up the inexcusable mistakes and we got a chance.

• Like 1

I think we continue to lose small here - I believe the Zips cover the line and score a bit, going down 35-28.

Based on game to game progress, I think our first MAC win comes against Can't.  A couple lucky bounces and the score above changes - we have a decent football team now but as Moorhead says, they don't know how to win yet, and that has to be learned in time.  

47 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

UA beat UA - BUGS just happened to get the W on their record. 

I think bgsu was beating Akron handedly enough that they got content and took their foot off the gas. When the biggest position of need is also Akron's greatest liability, it's hard to say UA beat UA 

2 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

I think bgsu was beating Akron handedly enough that they got content and took their foot off the gas. When the biggest position of need is also Akron's greatest liability, it's hard to say UA beat UA 

Huh. Took their foot off the gas up 10 at most the whole game?

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

Snowballs chance to beat a team that only has close wins over FAU and Fordham? I could be wrong, but that doesn’t scream powerhouse program to me.

Historically OU is leaps and bounds better than Akron in FB. We haven't beaten them since 2018 and this Akron team doesn't seem to be the one to do it. If they can't beat bgsu who many thought was the MACs worst product I think they'll struggle against OU.

3 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

It's either out played or out coached

That’s one way to look at it. If you put any stock into preseason awards, BG had 8 players on some type of preseason watchlist/team while Akron had none (to my knowledge). That’s supposedly a talent gap. Keep in mind I don’t buy into that and think we are just as good as BG, but pointing it out as another perspective. Also, yardage was nearly equal at 422 to 408. The main difference was turnovers - 3 to 1. Someone had to win and someone had to lose. Overcoming 2 turnovers with a team we are currently evenly matched with was too much this past Saturday. 

That was probably BG’s best squad in Loeffler’s tenure and I’m certain this will be Moorhead’s worst during his tenure. A lot to look forward to and the staff is getting more out of many of these players than a slew of people expected.

1 minute ago, GoZips86 said:

How soon will ESPN3 have the replay? I can't catch the game live. Will it be available right after game? A day after?

Thanks! 

EDIT: Does ESPN3 even have replays of games? Lol

It’s usually available immediately after the game. If using the app, go to the ESPN+ section and search in that search bar.

• Like 1