@ BUGS - October 6th

Akron has been sucked into playing BG soccer.  (balls in the air and physical soccer).  Changes have to be made a halftime.   Zips need to keep possession and win more 50/50 balls.   In the last 30 minutes, the ball was probably in BG half of the field....70% to 75% of the time.

Great step in interception by Ashton Kamdem led to the Clapier goal.       Kamdem has really improved the zips quality at left back.

21 minutes ago, zippypitt said:

Crap result, but BG is not a bad team.  They muck up the game with physicality and play good defense.

BG came into the game with a 2-4-3 recrod.

They scored 6 goals in one game against Oakland.

In their other  8 games,. they scored 4 goals in total.

They are not a good team.

BG had a better game plan....and their players won the 50/50 balls.    This is a bad result.

Edited by TennZip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

BG came into the game with a 2-4-3 recrod.

They scored 6 goals in one game against Oakland.

In their other  8 games,. they scored 4 goals in total.

They are not a good team.

BG had a better game plan....and their players won the 50/50 balls.    This is a bad result.

Lots of 0-1 results on that record.

https://gozips.com/news/2022/10/6/mens-soccer-no-19-akron-earns-1-1-draw-at-bowling-green

"I thought our intensity was very good from start to finish," Akron head coach Jared Embick commented. "We had a bad moment for their goal not making a strong play in the box. That cost us, but we had many good moments in final third, we just didn't execute the final pass. We will take a point on the road as a good result. We wanted to win and played well enough to win; we just have to execute better. We now move on quickly and need to get ready for Chicago State on another road trip

15 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

BUGS plays old OSUcks soccer, which has always given us problems. 

Bad tie. 

In the past, we used to have issues at BUGS because they "park the bus" which they did again packing their penalty area with defenders again last night. However, we now seem to let them dictate the style of play. Frustrating to watch us at times continue to keep the ball in the air when we had time to settle it to the ground and play our style. Harder than it looks, especially on the road, but I had hoped that we would settle in more and dictate our style of play.

3 MAC matches on the road sucks, but on to Chicago State. One at a time, please Zips. No looking ahead. 

• Like 2

While the men were away, I decided to go watch the women vs. BGSU.  OMG!  They are absolutely, stunningly terrible!  You can blame the old coach for the talent-less roster and rightly so, but the new D3 Coaching staff doesn't seem to have a clue how to play MAC soccer, which truth be told is more of a D2 level than D1.  I know, give them a chance, but won't be wasting 2 and 1/2 hours on this anymore this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zippy-claws said:

While the men were away, I decided to go watch the women vs. BGSU.  OMG!  They are absolutely, stunningly terrible!  You can blame the old coach for the talent-less roster and rightly so, but the new D3 Coaching staff doesn't seem to have a clue how to play MAC soccer, which truth be told is more of a D2 level than D1.  I know, give them a chance, but won't be wasting 2 and 1/2 hours on this anymore this season.

Give Coach Simonetti a chance.   This roster is all on Noreen.   Noreen knew that she would be fired after this season....and did the Zips  dirty with resigning for another job in the summer.   Also, you can blame Larry Williams and George Van Horne for giving Noreen  a multi year contract.    Noreen should have been fired after last year's 3-15-1 but Akron could not afford to buy out her contract for the fall 2022 season.    Noreen, Loser Larry and George VH......did not represent Akron Athletics in a good manner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1