At Chicago State - October 9

Early lead for the zips.....

17 minute goal by Shooky....assist to outstanding left back Ashton Kamdem

somewhat related, the Zips got a ton of help this afternoon in DeKalb, IL

Western Michigan has been the early season juggernaut in the MAC.   9-1 record overall, 3-0 in the MAC

convincing 3-0 home win over Northern Illinois ; 1-0 road win at Bowling Green and a 7-1 beatdown of Chicago State

today, in DeKalb, NIU battled Western Michigan to a 0-0 result.   Western Michigan led 17-3 in shots and 7-0 in shots on goal.

gritty effort by the NIU huskies.

• Like 4

I don't begin to completely understand everything that goes into RPI.

I was really worried that Chicago State would hurt Akron badly in the RPI.

When I looked at RPI when the game was going on, Chicago State was #198 in RPI .....(their record coming into the game was 1-7-3)

While the game was going on, below are Akron's numbers

RPI   ranking    #18 

strength of schedule (SOS)    #22

opponent SOS                #15

overall RPI     .6047       (this is the percentage that I really don't understand)

After the game, here are Akron's numbers

RPI ranking        #21

SOS                    #47

opponent SOS   #20

overall RPI         .5917

as a result of playing Akron, Chicago State RPI improves to #197

• Thanks 1

https://gozips.com/news/2022/10/9/mens-soccer-no-19-akron-posts-8-0-triumph-at-chicago-state

"I was pleased with the performance, the team showed great mentality and we scored some great goals," Akron head coach Jared Embick commented. "I love the balance we had with eight different goal scorers. It is always important to get the win on the road and we are pleased with the victory. Now we have to get prepared for a big match against a hot Western Michigan team on Thursday."

Nine different Zips posted assists on the evening, including the first career point for freshman Levi Stephens (Akron, Ohio).

1 hour ago, Reslife4Life said:

Is this Chicago state MAC experiment another one year and out situation like the Georgias last year?

Only time will tell. The Georgias joined because the Sun Belt stopped sponsoring Men's Soccer. Then conference realignment brought a number of teams such as Marshall and an associate, WVU, into the Sun Belt and the conference had the needed teams to again sponsor Men's Soccer.

I wish the MAC would stop sponsoring Men's Soccer so the Zips could pursue an associate membership in a better, more stable (for Men's Soccer) conference.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, Zip_ME87 said:

I wish the MAC would stop sponsoring Men's Soccer so the Zips could pursue an associate membership in a better, more stable (for Men's Soccer) conference.

Just wanted to remind you, you got your wish. Happy? 😊

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

Just wanted to remind you, you got your wish. Happy? 😊

Yes. I much prefer the BE. Just have to step up our game as in the past. 

Edit: The only thing I don't like about the BE is Flo Sports. Ridiculous price for Zips fans to follow one sport.

Edited by Zip_ME87