Game # 8: @ Can't State

ZippyRulz

38 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

From the guy that was listening to Steve French on a Sony Walkman report the Zips were down 35-0 to BG on my wedding day in 1993...and the guy that was at the Rubber Bowl when Faust beat OU to go 1-10 in 1994...and the guy that saw Rob Ianello produce back-to-back 1-11 seasons...only to be succeeded by Bowden going 1-11 in his inaugural season, then bookend his tenure with a 4-8 record after beating the Big 10 champs earlier that season...and the guy that saw Tom Arth and Oscar Rodriguez rack up a combined 3 wins against 27 losses...and the guy that's staring smack dab into the face of another 1-11 season...I can say will 100% confidence - I feel your pain.

We are one resilient/stupid bunch 😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Being a Zips and Browns fan is really tough considering football is the sport I have the most interest in. So many weeks without a win.

I am with you that I am a huge Zips and Browns fan. 

There is one commonality between the two teams: they each have a bum Quarterback.

• Thumbs down 1

One thing I wanted to point out was how well Kent presented a game day atmosphere. I know a lot on here want to just say all that matters is the game but in today's world with all the tv time outs and bringing in casual fans I really think it does matter. They constantly had something going on. They tried to really up the entertainment for the dollar. Now they had their issues. They had the volume levels too loud. They were clipping on their amps. You could hear the sound lose the low end and then the quality of the highs suffer. If your not a sound tech you probably don't notice those things other than it seemed overly loud at times. Some of the music was annoying for my taste but I get it. I was just impressed with how they presented the game.... especially for it being Cant. 

Akron has never been good at putting on or managing events of any kind. The details never seem to get worked out. We have also tried some of the fill during the game, but we never did a good job at it. I think we also never had the right guy as the "hype man". We talk about about what it takes to fix attendance. That list is long. It starts with winning. That will happen under Coach Joe. We need to start working on the rest of that list. We need people, when we do get them out, to have a good time win or lose. To enjoy the experience as a whole. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 9:36 PM, GP1 said:

I didn't see a second of the game , so what do I know. I like this comment though. 

The one thing the puncher can't do is make mistakes. Turnovers are deadly. Kent had zero turnovers today. Akron has two. If you are an underdog, you had better not turn the ball over.

Yep, been the theme all season. Ya land a couple of 'haymakers' but then walk into 4 or 5. Game over.

• 1 month later...