Jump to content

Game 9- Miami


Recommended Posts

I went to the game today for the first time all season.  Not only do I have to watch bad football, I have to listen to continuous 1000 decibel music every second during the game except when the ball is snapped.  Give me a break and turn off the radio during the game.

 

For those that said there was no enthusiasm during the game.  They are dead wrong.  The band was very enthusiastic and having a great time.  Not so much on the field.

 

We lost at least 100 yards on the punt returns.  Short punt, ball bounces 20 yards as our punt returner watches.  Then on the last punt it goes over his head and bounces 30 yards for a 70 yard punt.

 

Once again, 4th and one and a handoff from the shotgun for no gain.  I guess it is too much for a division one team to have their QB under center and have a quarterback sneak or hand it off to the back.

 

This team is a train wreak for the 7th year in a row.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Zips just can’t catch any breaks, like all year. It’s wild. When you’re so bad you can’t even get lucky—ouch is all I have to say. 

 

Before I put this out of sight and out of mind for hopefully the rest of the night and weekend, I just looked at scores from around the country. Charlotte fired their coach and is pounding a Rice team with a winning record on the road right now. Even BS programs like that can get a stupid win. Yet here we are. 3 chances to go before a very important off-season for the Zips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GP1 said:

With 6 minutes in the 3rd quarter Akron passes on an easy FG and doesn't get any points. Now they are down 17.  Coaching really isn't this hard. 

Please tell me why we don't do a QB sneak? Again we keep hanging the ball off 5 yards deep to the running back and again it doesn't work. I am sure DJ could get 1/2 yard! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Please tell me why we don't do a QB sneak? Again we keep hanging the ball off 5 yards deep to the running back and again it doesn't work. I am sure DJ could get 1/2 yard! 

Play calling in this scenario isn't the problem. The decision to not kick is what I question. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I went to the game today for the first time all season.  Not only do I have to watch bad football, I have to listen to continuous 1000 decibel music every second during the game except when the ball is snapped.  Give me a break and turn off the radio during the game.

 

For those that said there was no enthusiasm during the game.  They are dead wrong.  The band was very enthusiastic and having a great time.  Not so much on the field.

 

We lost at least 100 yards on the punt returns.  Short punt, ball bounces 20 yards as our punt returner watches.  Then on the last punt it goes over his head and bounces 30 yards for a 70 yard punt.

 

Once again, 4th and one and a handoff from the shotgun for no gain.  I guess it is too much for a division one team to have their QB under center and have a quarterback sneak or hand it off to the back.

 

This team is a train wreak for the 7th year in a row.   

And don't forget poor clock management. You have 2 timeouts - just converted a 3rd down close to midfield with 17 seconds left until halftime. Why not use 1 of your timeouts and save 10 seconds? Instead you run another play and call timeout with 1 second left. So you take that timeout to the locker room. Coaches need to do a better job - lost out on 1 or 2 more plays before halftime. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

It has long been a pet peeve of mine when teams can't go under center in short yardage.  That's not a wrinkle that should be tough to work into the damn playbook.

How many more times are we going to see them go from the shotgun on 4th and 1/2 yard? Go under center and get the 1/2 yard!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Don't kick it. Get the 1/2 yard and score a touchdown. You only have 1 win this year...

They may have gotten a TD. They not have. What if they fumble or throw a pick six on the next play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I went to the game today for the first time all season.  Not only do I have to watch bad football, I have to listen to continuous 1000 decibel music every second during the game except when the ball is snapped.  Give me a break and turn off the radio during the game.

 

For those that said there was no enthusiasm during the game.  They are dead wrong.  The band was very enthusiastic and having a great time.  Not so much on the field.

 

We lost at least 100 yards on the punt returns.  Short punt, ball bounces 20 yards as our punt returner watches.  Then on the last punt it goes over his head and bounces 30 yards for a 70 yard punt.

 

Once again, 4th and one and a handoff from the shotgun for no gain.  I guess it is too much for a division one team to have their QB under center and have a quarterback sneak or hand it off to the back.

 

This team is a train wreak for the 7th year in a row.   

I walked out of Infocision today YET AGAIN pissed off and not looking anyone in the face.   I had the same feeling I experienced while I watched the series The Watcher on Netflix.

 

Essentially, people keep buying this big, expensive house in NJ even though all the previous occupants were terrorized by poison pen letters, dead pets, and creepy neighbors.   

 

Reminded me of Akron football.  Coaches keep taking over this lousy, cursed program and bad football continues to happen.  A few of us fans keep going and are repeatedly terrorized by said bad football.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cliff said:

And don't forget poor clock management. You have 2 timeouts - just converted a 3rd down close to midfield with 17 seconds left until halftime. Why not use 1 of your timeouts and save 10 seconds? Instead you run another play and call timeout with 1 second left. So you take that timeout to the locker room. Coaches need to do a better job - lost out on 1 or 2 more plays before halftime. 

Thanks, I also forgot the numerous third down plays when we needed 8 and DJ threw to receivers who were only 4 yards down field.  Why receivers are not behind the sticks when it is 3rd down is beyond me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we please talk about the punt return team and how our returners dont know how to field punts, typically they are too far back and have to let it bounce ( which it usually takes a nice bounce not in our favor) or such as today stood too far forward and had to run back 25 yards to watch the other team down it.  Why is this so hard? 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

Blindside block was BS!  Did 13 get a penilty for each word?  He may have been out of line, but 2 fouls?

 

Are there certain words/phrases that warrant automatic ejection? Hard for me to imagine hearing a ref say "Personal foul - unsportsman-like conduct. 15-yard penalty from the spot of the foul. That is #13's first F U."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Blindside block was BS!  Did 13 get a penilty for each word?  He may have been out of line, but 2 fouls?

 

When you're the backup QB on one of the worst football programs in the country, the only thing you should be saying to the opponent is Good Luck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, bigjim said:

I am changing my tune from past posts and I believe that the Zips will beat Miami-Oh this Saturday.  After studying the teams, I think that the WR's and TE's for Akron will be the key to the game and make Irons look good again.  I believe Akron's offense will overcome Miami's Defense and Miami will not have enough offense to overcome Akron.  Changing my comments and plan on attending again this Saturday.  Looking forward to another tail gate.  I cannot stay away from my beloved alma mater.

Go Zips!!!

Boy was I wrong!!!  The receiving corps did get open a lot and contributed to the QB's high completion yards, and Bubba and Durant played well on defense.  The common thread for me is the mistakes made by Irons in these games.  I also think the penalties by Undercuffler were awful, but at least it showed he had a spark.  That appeared to be missing by the entire Akron team the whole game.  Coach JoeMo brought in more than 20 transfers and he still cannot win a FBS game.  After sitting through the game, I am beginning to think that Arth is continuing to coach the team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

When you're the backup QB on one of the worst football programs in the country, the only thing you should be saying to the opponent is Good Luck.

Exactly.  Hold the clipboard, signal in plays if asked, stay ready and shut the **** up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I really hate the non-stop music but if we have to have it, how about a playlist that reflects how we feel about Akron football the last 7 years and what we are seeing out on the field:

 

“Sad Day”—The Rolling Stones

“I Feel Like Dying” – Lil Wayne

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones

Wasted Time by The Eagles

 

Anyone else want to add to the playlist?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...