2022-2023 MAC Preseason Poll & All-MAC Teams

LoyalZIP

Seems a little odd for a guy to get 2nd team All-MAC when he's never played a conference game and had so-so results and injuries during his time elsewhere.  I get he's a highly touted recruit, but I feel like there's got to be someone more deserving based on conference results.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Seems a little odd for a guy to get 2nd team All-MAC when he's never played a conference game and had so-so results and injuries during his time elsewhere.  I get he's a highly touted recruit, but I feel like there's got to be someone more deserving based on conference results.

They're not really honors, they're predictions. Honors will happen at the end of the season voting.

Frankly thought the Zips would be No. 1 ... and probably would have if more than just the coaches voted. That said, a serious and legit argument can be made for any of the top 3 teams. Ball State, if the new coach is the real deal, might be the team to watch as the Cardinals have a lot of experienced freshman talent back from last season plus some VG transfers. Without a target on its back, Ball State may be tough to deal with come February.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoyalBlu said:

Frankly thought the Zips would be No. 1 ... and probably would have if more than just the coaches voted. That said, a serious and legit argument can be made for any of the top 3 teams. Ball State, if the new coach is the real deal, might be the team to watch as the Cardinals have a lot of experienced freshman talent back from last season plus some VG transfers. Without a target on its back, Ball State may be tough to deal with come February.

They lost Luke Brown though 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Do you think some donor paid off the legal system to get this guy's charges reduced/dropped for him to be 2nd team All MAC preseason? He's probably calling the commish as we speak, telling him if that poll doesn't change, he's cancelling his season tickets, and that'll leave EMU with 3 total fans. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

NIU had a decent run but have lost 4 of their last six and I'm comfortable deeming them "not good"

There's an old saying that a conference is only as good as its worst teams.   If that's the case, the MAC is not very good.

I would propose that MAC basketball eliminate any program with a direction in its name or that faced Evan Wilson on the floor this season.

26 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

There's an old saying that a conference is only as good as its worst teams.   If that's the case, the MAC is not very good.

I would propose that MAC basketball eliminate any program with a direction in its name or that faced Evan Wilson on the floor this season.

Probably one of the reasons Toledo is at the moment a #14 seed.  From their last loss at Kent in January, apart from beating Akron twice (and the game at the JAR was questionable), they have taken out a parade of horribles:

BG twice

Buffalo twice

Ohio U (at Toledo and not the Convocation Center) (no offense to Kitten Attack)

Central Michigan twice

Miami twice

Eastern Michigan twice (in relatively close games)

A Bracket Buster would have helped.

Edited by NWAkron