2022-2023 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

• 2 weeks later...

The Coppin State game was a nice way to finish off the non-conference schedule, and it was a good game for the women, as CS played a very physical, up-tempo game.  It should prepare them for the MAC at a nice time, coming off the Florida trip.  FT shooting was not strong, oddly, but Bass made an unbelievably off balance put-back from a near prone position that was a highlight!

The CS coach was hilarious!  Tried to get thrown out, thought he was thrown out, but hadn't been...until he walked off the floor and got the second T.

I'm predicting a 9-13 season, sadly....but it could be a 500 season if things happen right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

And a tough gutty win on the road, even with one starter scoring no points. Zips have started off 10-2, best start in program history. Might be something growing here, besides what coach Jackson is growing herself.👶 Fun to watch her pat her stomach during the game, wonder who she is trying to calm down. That baby is probably going to be able to handle stress really well. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Zips win yet another game they were supposed to win. Layne Ferrell has emerged as an All-MAC candidate. She’s got great basketball IQ, can shoot it, pass it, and play solid defense. Far from the most athletic player you’ll ever see, but she may be the straw that stirs the drink for this team. They’re back on the road with a trip to Ypsi on Wednesday before hosting first place Bowling Green. 

7 minutes ago, MDZip said:

And a tough gutty win on the road, even with one starter scoring no points. Zips have started off 10-2, best start in program history. Might be something growing here, besides what coach Jackson is growing herself.👶 Fun to watch her pat her stomach during the game, wonder who she is trying to calm down. That baby is probably going to be able to handle stress really well. 😊

Since the subject has finally been brought up, do we know when she is due? Might be cutting it close to tournament time. 🤔

14 hours ago, NWAkron said:

With Kent's OT loss to Miami tonight, Zips are only unbeaten team in MAC.

Thank you for the correction. I thought I saw a graphic earlier in the broadcast showing BG was undefeated, but I was wrong. That Kent meltdown was an awful lot of fun to watch!

6 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Thank you for the correction. I thought I saw a graphic earlier in the broadcast showing BG was undefeated, but I was wrong. That Kent meltdown was an awful lot of fun to watch!

I picked it up during overtime...which took FOREVER.  the women's game is so odd, especially with the gamesmanship on the timeouts.  I'm tempted to watch a replay of the Toledo/NIU game (well, just the 4th quarter) just to watch the Toledo coach's head explode as they blow a 17 point lead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1