Game 12 - Buffalo

LZIp

On 11/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, bigjim said:

I just saw that the Browns - Bills game has been moved to Detroit.  Now, let's see what decision the MAC makes.  

…and they chose the worst possible idea…

The league just further hurts its own fanbases. In addition to only getting to see Akron play at home on Saturday 3 times this year, two of the Saturday away games were against opponents that completely overmatched them. The Zips are capable of beating a team like Buffalo. And for Buffalo, the tie-breaker scenarios are explained so they can still win the east, but now they have to beat Kent to even have a chance at a bowl instead of having 2 games to possibly get to 7-5 if the game is never played. This was all predictable and could have been avoided. 

• Like 1

I just saw that Orchard Park is up to 77 inches of snow with more to come.  The NFL made a good call to move the Browns Bills game.  I watched the weather over the last 12-16 hours and it looked like the U. of Buffalo was hit with snow.  I am curious to know how much and await a message from brjacr75.  

4 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I just saw that Orchard Park is up to 77 inches of snow with more to come.  The NFL made a good call to move the Browns Bills game.  I watched the weather over the last 12-16 hours and it looked like the U. of Buffalo was hit with snow.  I am curious to know how much and await a message from brjacr75.  

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Clown conference. The storm was known about for a week, and to not have a contingency plan in place by mid week to get this game in is inexcusable. 

We both had mid-week games Nov. 8 & 9. They should have moved this game up a few days - we both still would have had a week between games (tbh, Buffalo should have been leading the charge)

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

So……..It’s snowy…..

the band shifted North overnight, left about 6” this morning with it still snowing

I left my house at 8 to head up to the stadium to help shovel.  So I was in that video above somewhere.  Started at 9, had roughly the entire visitor side up to midfield, done, at about 9:50 we heard they cancelled.

even though it was still snowing….we could see the southern edge of the band, and beyond it was bright, meaning further towards Buffalo and south.  The people south of Buffalo are getting a much needed break today while the north towns get the snow.

I did confirm that the Akron Equipment truck was within half an hour of being here THURDAY before being told to turn around, not sure by who.

having no reason to continue, after milling about for a few minutes, ended up leaving.  By then the southern edge of the band and begun to pass over and it had stopped snowing.

on the drive home, once I crossed into Niagara County, I pretty much had driven back into the snow band as it slowly crawls north today.  

had about 12” on the ground when I got home at 11.  Been outside snow blowing and shoveling since.  The snow has lightened now after I came in.

we are expecting a cold front to come through this evening and give us a quick 2-4 additional.  Then another snow band was supposed to set up again and move north to south, fairly quickly, before weakening and dissipating down in the southern tier tomorrow.

so we tried……..about 30 people were there shoveling, and honestly, it wasn’t too bad of a task.  Although I did here todays job was easier than yesterday because there wasn’t a crusty icy layer on the turf.  Had the game still been on tomorrow, chances are I was volunteering to shovel before the game.

I also guess the Conference confirmed that if Ohio loses to Bowling Green, and we beat Kent (which needed to happen anyway) we’ll be going to Detroit, even with cancelled game.  I guess there’s still a chance the game might happen, if we need it for bowl eligibility, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.  All of this becomes moot if Ohio wins anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, MDZip said:

I think you all are missing the bigger point, if this game remains canceled and we can somehow get NIU canceled we can have fewer than double digit losses for the 2nd time in three years. (Channeling my inner Zip meister). 🤣

Practically bowl eligible at that point!

43 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Great.  A weekend without Zips and Browns football would be awful.  

Lol…..we’re kind of thinking at least we have the Bills game….

something to think about for you Browns fans, which I’m sure there’s a few on here.

While your watching the game, consider this…..

Orchard Park where the Bills play got as much snow as Josh Allen is tall.  77”, or 6’ 5”

14 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Yes it does.  You may not be a Browns fan, but the fact that you post on this forum shows that you are a die-hard Zip fan.  You want to see the Zips play and win.  Wins are coming.  

Go Zips!!!

I'm a diehard both. A break from the heartbreak isn't the worst thing in the world. I know wins are coming (for the Zips; I have zero faith in Stefanski).  

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'm a diehard both. A break from the heartbreak isn't the worst thing in the world. I know wins are coming (for the Zips; I have zero faith in Stefanski).  

After next Saturday for the Zips, we have a 9-month break.  j do not need an in-season break.  

Regarding the Browns, I first blame the GM Berry for over valuing the talent, especially on the DL.  Stefanski was not given a talented team.  The secondary has a lot of high draft picks, but I do not believe they are that good, and the results are proving me correct.  They have the best RB room and a very good offensive line.  Part of the blame is that he brought in a backup QB in Brissett who has no business being a starter.

As I posted earlier, I fully expect the Zips to beat NIU next Saturday after watching the 2nd half of their previous game.  The Zips will be in a better place going into next season.  It will bring energy and hope to the winter workouts as well as spring ball and Coach Joe will do wonders next year.  

Go Zips!!!

To me Coach Stefanski lives and dies on his analytics. The better opponents adjust and the number crunchers can’t adjust as well.

The Bengals didn’t adjust to the Browns game plan and lost. Everyone else…

Buffalo will ultimately decide whether this game gets played. If they’re in the MAC-C, it won’t be played. If they’re bowl eligible, I’m skeptical it would be played. Should we cater to them? I’m all for playing the game because I enjoy watching the Zips this season for the most part though we haven’t been able to get over the hump. Just rubs me the wrong way that the team who had to cancel will ultimately get to make the call.