Game 12 - Buffalo

LZIp

2 minutes ago, monrowe said:

It’s going too take about 3 to 4 more years before there’s any serious improvement with this program.I’m not surprised by the outcome they played like this all year long.

5 losses in conference by 1 score or less. A 9 pt loss to Liberty. 

Not sure you're arriving to this conclusion. 

8 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Every single Achilles heel made its appearance today. Field position, late half TD, untimely sacks in late game situations, Clyde Price fumbling with a chance to easily seal the game. They played well enough to win in almost every MAC game this year. This one sucks man. Absolutely sucks. Bright future though. What a roller coaster ride. 

Edit: Aginst St. Francis to open the year, they converted a 4th & 10 in OT to survive. In the season finale, the defense fails on 4th & 10 again. Crazy 

Was that a Price fumble or Undercuffler trying to pull the ball back to run it himself to the right? SURE looked like he read the defense and was attempting to pull the ball back. That's the fumble-waiting-to-happen I was referring to in my post about not liking that play call.

Edited by GoZips88
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Before he even pulled his arm back, I said, "Interception."  Beyond predictable.

I told my wife the first play would be a sack or interception. Sure enough the first play was a sack and the 2nd was an interception. Unfk'ing believable.

• Like 2

I'm tempted to add up all the points we have given up in the final minute of a half this year( l would include 1:13), but it is not worth it.  I hope Christmas comes a couple days early with our signing class.  By the way, when will transfers be able to sign? Same day?

28 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I can confidently say that the program is in better condition on December 2, 2022 than it was on December 2, 2021.  I'd have liked to have seen more wins but in the final analysis I am pleased with the direction of the team and this coaching staff.

Not really saying a whole lot, but I guess it's better than after the last game of Arth's first season.

1 hour ago, GoZips88 said:

Was that a Price fumble or Undercuffler trying to pull the ball back to run it himself to the right? SURE looked like he read the defense and was attempting to pull the ball back. That's the fumble-waiting-to-happen I was referring to in my post about not liking that play call.

I don't know why our limited mobility QB with a bad ankle would think it was better to pull back the ball and run it himself. Geez, just hand it off and don't fumble. 🙄

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm tempted to add up all the points we have given up in the final minute of a half this year( l would include 1:13), but it is not worth it.  I hope Christmas comes a couple days early with our signing class.  By the way, when will transfers be able to sign? Same day?

I believe they can sign any time during the transfer portal window. The first one opens Monday and lasts 45 days. We’re going to get alot better in the next month.

Edited by catdaddyp

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

5 losses in conference by 1 score or less. A 9 pt loss to Liberty. 

Not sure you're arriving to this conclusion. 

Exactly.  We're a 2-10 team and Buffalo is a 6-6 team.  After watching today's game, I didn't see that much difference between the two.  With another recruiting/transfer class and if we clean up some of the mistakes (penalties, turnovers, et.c), I don't see why couldn't reach 6-6 next season. 

18 hours ago, brjacr75 said:

I dont know......after what Ive seen the last three weeks from UB, Im questioning if theyre even motivated to do anything, other than to get their names into the Transfer Portal.

Also, Im 100% positive that the MAC is more motivated to have UB win (to fill the bowl slot) than UB is.  Hence this game even being played. 

At least we made you sweat. I wish UB good representing in the bowl.

17 hours ago, LZIp said:

I told my wife the first play would be a sack or interception. Sure enough the first play was a sack and the 2nd was an interception. Unfk'ing believable.

I don't know much about football ins and outs and I didn't watch much of the last few minutes.  But my take is that fumbles happen but where this team displayed its lack of skill and experience was on that final drive.  a high level team would have gotten the ball down the field.  Zips?  a sack and an interception.  

Tough game to lose. Tough way to lose. One too many sacks,turnovers and missed FG's. They definitely played better last 2 games. Clean up the O-line play. Try to keep the 2 really good WR's. Use the run game more. They have good RB's. The D still has some distance to cover. Have to get far more consistency from the DB's. Have to get a CONSISTANT pass rush. Not just now and then. Th LB's have to be able to stop the run closer to the line not 5 yards down field. Will be interested to see who coach goes with at QB.

Buy those season tix!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Adams said:

Taking a hard look at the D coaching staff in the off season.

I think the defense took a big enough step forward for all coaches to be safe. We were severely hampered at CB this year. I’d like to see how this defense looks with a stronger group of players there. Pass rush also needs to be addressed. However, going from allowing 278.1 YPG rushing in conference play in 2021 to 138.1 in 2022 is impressive. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:08 PM, catdaddyp said:

I think the defense took a big enough step forward for all coaches to be safe. We were severely hampered at CB this year. I’d like to see how this defense looks with a stronger group of players there. Pass rush also needs to be addressed. However, going from allowing 278.1 YPG rushing in conference play in 2021 to 138.1 in 2022 is impressive. 

No doubt the raw numbers look better. But, teams didn't have to throw the ball last season, they just ran over the defense.

As I said earlier, the entire team played better the last 2 games. This season the secondary was quite porous for most of the season to say the least. A number of big plays through the air. The pass rush improved somewhat. And, with the much improved offense scoring more points teams sometimes needed to throw more and could.

Just sayin', if you can find a better option be it with players or coaches go for it. Its not rocket science to realize this team needs help on defense at a number of positions. Coach Moorehead was able to bring in some quality transfers on offense this year. Hope he can do the same next year.