Games 4, 5 & 6- Cayman Islands Classic Basketball Tournament

clarkwgriswold

I think Flohoops did a great job broadcasting the tournament.  The video was perfect and it was nice not to hear about the over and under every 10 seconds.  (LOL) Well worth the $30 for 3 games.  I just cancelled and got my e mail confirmation.  Just a reminder to Zips fans to cancel your Flohoops or they will charge you every month.  Also, saw a Beacon article on the game which is great.  But it was printed on Saturday, 3 days after the game.  John Knight is turning over in his grave.

Edited by 1981 grad
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Is it too early to start looking forward to the start of football next fall?

I'd get the need for wanting size if we were being bullied and outrebounded, but we're not. The real issue has been the lack of consistent perimeter shooting. That's not to say I wouldn't like to have more size at the wing, but I don't see that as a reason for why we lost any of these games.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

Am I the only one thinking that this tournament is a HUGE win for us?

Yeah, the shooting has been actually abysmal, but shooting will even out over time. We look smooth, more ball movement, less Ali Ali dribbling into 9 defenders. 

I am happy, losing helps us more than winning sometimes, see last years MTE for details. Go Zips.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Nevada is really damn good. Just beat #25 New Mexico in 2OT. They’re rated a spot ahead of Kent in KenPom. If there were a signature nonconference win the Zips could’ve had, that would’ve been it. Damn. 

That is the game where Tavari scored 21 points in 27 minutes on 9 of 10 shooting.  Compare that to how he is playing now.  If I am Groce I tell Tavari to shoot the ball more and find his shot.  He is the missing piece for this team to step up their game.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

That is the game where Tavari scored 21 points in 27 minutes on 9 of 10 shooting.  Compare that to how he is playing now.  If I am Groce I tell Tavari to shoot the ball more and find his shot.  He is the missing piece for this team to step up their game.

He was in and then out tonight.  He was at the end of the bench with no chance of going back in.  bad turnover.  bad floater.  then he was sent to Siberia.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

He was in and then out tonight.  He was at the end of the bench with no chance of going back in.  bad turnover.  bad floater.  then he was sent to Siberia.

He hit a 3 that gave him confidence to drive the middle and shoot the floater that was short.  The pass was just stupid.  Hankerson went 2 of 11 and played 36 minutes.  He took one shot that was not a three off an offensive rebound and it was it did not draw hoop.  He drove the middle one time and did not take it to the hoop.  He never draws a foul.  Groce has a long leash with some players.  Kobe Mitchell did look good tonight and probably played the most minutes in his young career.     

• Like 1