Game 12 (11) - NIU

bigjim

On 11/22/2022 at 11:12 PM, bigjim said:

This is the 12th scheduled game, but the actual 11th due to the postponement.  I am very surprised that nobody has started the thread.

The line for the game is NIU -10, but as I stated in other posts, I am predicting an Akron victory.

Go Zips!!!

First post of the thread and I called it correctly.

'Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken'

Go Zips!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

I agree re DJ. Needs to clean up the costly turnovers and sacks. The question is, whose going to challenge him? Undercuffler won’t. I feel Wasel doing so as a true freshman isn’t realistic.

Undercuffler is the starter now.

Who will challenge him?

4 minutes ago, zzx said:

Who will challenge him?

Want to see how he does against Buffalo first, but I’d bet against that. He was okay. Threw an INT and Adams bailed him out of another. Running game rolling and defense playing well against a hapless team were the major contributors in the win IMO.

Edited by LZIp

Suckeyes fans are miserable right now. They all expected a blowout win. Their day is ruined because some school in Columbus they have no connection to just got thumped by a rival they hate more than anything. 

Zips fans are celebrating the second win of the season and I couldn't be happier. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, zzx said:

Who will challenge him?

I really want to agree with you, but I need to see a bigger sample size to give him the job and not have a QB competition in the spring and fall.  I do believe that the Zips offense was much more productive the last game and a half when JU was the QB.  The team seems to respond to him very well and the running game improved with him at QB.  I do believe that JU needs more experience against FBS teams to get used to the speed of the game, but he has been improving over the last 6 quarters.  However, Irons has shown to be a much better runner.  I would not use the Buffalo game to make a final decision, but it should be a data point to use going forward.  The bottom line is that the Zips finally beat a FBS team.  This win along with the Suckeyes loss made it a great day!!

Go Zips!!!

• Like 4

Very good Zips win!  Now try and find an article on any local paper about the win.  As of 10:30 on Saturday night - nothing or anything on Cants win over Buffalo.  Maybe the writers are all drunk after the Buckeyes loss?

The Zips finally got over the hump and reeled in the win after some close losses.

Undercuffler is not the long term answer but he was good enough today. The running game looked good!  Let’s go get Buffalo this Friday!

Go Zips!

Edited by Phootss

6 hours ago, akzipper said:

Suckeyes fans are miserable right now. They all expected a blowout win. Their day is ruined because some school in Columbus they have no connection to just got thumped by a rival they hate more than anything. 

Zips fans are celebrating the second win of the season and I couldn't be happier. 

That school helps pay our bills every 3 to 4 years. 

• Like 1