Game 7- Marshall

clarkwgriswold

1 minute ago, Bigzip1 said:

Freeman showing why he had 0 offers coming out of hs. This is who our team is built around lol

Seriously? One poor game? Guy was the MAC defensive player of the year last. And second leader scorer on the team. Don't think he lost his touch over one game. Sheesh. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Early season nominee for the dumbest post of the year. 

Kid has 1 move. Back to the basket right shoulder hook or layup that keeps getting blocked. This isn’t 1975 you can’t be 6’6 with no skill set. There are 6’6 guys all over division 1 that can handle it and shoot it.

• Thumbs down 1

Freeman has had much better games. No doubt. His defensive rebounding did help keep UA in the game all night though. He was dreadful handling the ball, though, And everyone looked lost when they got the ball within 10 feet. I’m also shocked with how bad our proven shooters have shot the ball. X and Hankerson can’t hit anything. Wide open or not. And X has been missing free throws at an alarming rate, as has Freeman. Very disappointed, but thankfully plenty of time to right the ship. 

The doctor has ordered some cupcakes, let’s eat! Go Zips!

3 minutes ago, Bigzip1 said:

Kid has 1 move. Back to the basket right shoulder hook or layup that keeps getting blocked. This isn’t 1975 you can’t be 6’6 with no skill set. There are 6’6 guys all over division 1 that can handle it and shoot it.

And yet somehow he's on the Lou Henson Award Watch List

• Like 1

Just now, Blue & Gold said:

He was our best player again tonight, as he was against Miss. St. (Or whoever we played in Game 3 in the Caymans.)

It was not hard being the best player tonight but the Zips always start cold and as I stated earlier he should be starting at the one.  Not sure if it would have made any difference tonight when X goes 1 of 12 from the field and 1 of 4 from the free throw line.  This team cannot win if X plays like that.  The Zips missed a lot of open shots.  I thought Nate Johnson had a bad game.  He played a lot of minutes and I think he scored only 2 points.  I know at the end of the game he passed up on a 3 ball and then turned it over.  We could not even make our fouls shots tonight.  If you do not shoot the ball well you are not going to win.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Good/Great players add to and improve their games I just haven’t seen that from Freeman. He seems like a nice young man but I’m actually watching games not just fanboy’ing. This year he’s struggled elevating over length and with making reads/passing out of doubles. He has no 15 ft shot and no faceup moves whatsoever. He’s been the same player the past 2 seasons you guys have to understand that teams will figure you out I just think the jig is up.

20 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Benevolent announcers made this drubbing as watchable as was possible.

I also thought they were extremely gracious considering how abysmally we played tonight. It was an embarrassment. We looked like the Washington Generals. Tavari was the only player who could throw it in the ocean tonight. 3 point shots are what we’re trying to generate on offense but we can’t shoot the 3 😕

• Like 1