2022-23 College Football Off-Season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Can't compare records. 2-3 games per year are intended to be losses at a MAC school. Louisville is the type of school that writes the checks to MAC schools - they don't have automatic losses on their schedule. 

The MAC East during Lewis tenure has also been by far the worst division in all of college football. Despite this he is 19-17 in MAC games.

Edit: IMO no MAC coach should get much consideration for a P5 job, but Candle has the best resume of the current MAC coaches 53-32 (35-19). Two conference titles.

Edited by kreed5120

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

If you want a good laugh, Deion told his team to jump into the portal cause the more players who leave, the more room he will have to bring his guys in. 

It's not laughable. It's necessary. Sanders took a program that won 21 games in 7 years and won 27 in 3 years. Those players are the faces of failure and need to move on.

The players wanted NIL, now they can be treated like professionals.

1 minute ago, GP1 said:

It's not laughable. It's necessary. Sanders took a program that won 21 games in 7 years and won 27 in 3 years. Those players are the faces of failure and need to move on.

The players wanted NIL, now they can be treated like professionals.

"Laughable" wasn't stated in a negative way. This is Deion being No BS Deion, and people love it. But with Deion being No BS Deion, it is getting chuckles because he's unlike anyone else. How he said this was phenomenal, and is exactly why he'll be successful at Colorado. Home Run hire. 

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

The MAC East during Lewis tenure has also been by far the worst division in all of college football. Despite this he is 19-17 in MAC games.

Edit: IMO no MAC coach should get much consideration for a P5 job, but Candle has the best resume of the current MAC coaches 53-32 (35-19). Two conference titles.

I'm not saying Lewis is great, good, or even average. I had stated that Satterfield may not be much of an improvement over Lewis. @zippy5 defended Satterfield, and cited SL's record at Can't State. I was simply stating that the overall losing record at KSUcks includes 2-3 games per year that are intended to be L's to get paid, whereas Louisville doesn't have such games on their schedule so it's hard to compare records. 

Personally, I don't think very highly of Sean Lewis, and hope he sticks around. JoeMo is going to own him.

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

Rick Neuheisel was just talking about G5 schools having their own national championship. Since P5 schools are destroying college with a 12 team playoff, it may make sense. I think a G5 playoff would be more entertaining than the P5 playoff because G5 schools can't buy championships like those at the top of P5 so the match-ups will be more competitive.  

I've been enjoying watching some of the first round FCS playoff games.

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

If you want a good laugh, Deion told his team to jump into the portal cause the more players who leave, the more room he will have to bring his guys in. 

Deion appears to think there's a roster full of 4 and 5 stars for Colorado and nobody else. We'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

"Laughable" wasn't stated in a negative way. This is Deion being No BS Deion, and people love it. But with Deion being No BS Deion, it is getting chuckles because he's unlike anyone else. How he said this was phenomenal, and is exactly why he'll be successful at Colorado. Home Run hire. 

Colorado should be an elite football school.  The opportunity to go to school & play football in the Rocky Mountains should be a dream.  I'm a beach guy. Love the beach. But I've never been literally awestruck by the landscape like I was when visiting the Rocky Mountains.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Deion appears to think there's a roster full of 4 and 5 stars for Colorado and nobody else. We'll see.

Yes, honestly even if Colorado has few quality caliber P5 starters you'd think a coach would want to retain players for depth. A coach in basketball may be able to turn over an entire roster in one off season in basketball. In football there are 85 scholarship players and of those I'd imagine 50 or more see meaningful snaps over the course of a season due to injuries, sub packages, special teams etc.

Edited by kreed5120

12 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

If he got 4 & 5 stars to Jackson State, including the #1 overall recruit in their respective class, pulling a roster of 4 & 5 stars to Colorado won't be a challenge. A sleeping giant of a program that just went 1-11 and has 1 winning season since 2004. They're in the PAC12 with USC & UCLA departing. It's going to be Oregon, Utah, and Colorado for as long as Deion is there. 

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Colorado should be an elite football school.  The opportunity to go to school & play football in the Rocky Mountains should be a dream.  I'm a beach guy. Love the beach. But I've never been literally awestruck by the landscape like I was when visiting the Rocky Mountains.

Does good scenery mean a school should be a football school? Colorado is an historically bad program with no tradition. They'd be lucky to have a few good years. They basically had one good 8 year stretch 30+ years ago in their entire history

• Like 1

Just now, zippy5 said:

Does good scenery mean a school should be a football school? Colorado is an historically bad program with no tradition. They'd be lucky to have a few good years. They basically had one good 8 year stretch 30+ years ago in their entire history

PAC12, beautiful campus, great facilities, legal marijuana. They have too much to offer to be 1-11 and as bad as they have been. 

27 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

They’ve won a national championship 😂

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

If good scenery fostered football excellence Hawaii would win the national championship every year.

Of the many campuses which I have been on the one with the best scenery (mostly wearing halter tops) was Miami (FL).

Good thing I was not a student there; it would have been problematic trying to focus on my studies while constantly tripping over my tongue.

• Haha 1