2022-23 Akron Football Off-season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

Boateng looked the part, but didn’t produce at MSU or even here how one would have hoped. Good luck to him.

Outside of him and any other players who played out of necessity but not necasssrily warranted, im good with any player who has been in college 3 years who couldn’t sniff the field this year to look for greener pastures. Go Zips.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The first domino falls. Jeslord Boateng has entered the transfer portal with one year of eligibility remaining. 

Can’t say I’m surprised. Plenty of physical ability, but it didn’t translate to production. He often seemed lost on the field this year. Hope he catches on somewhere.

8 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not entirely sure where to put this. JoeMo's son has been ranked the #1 Pro-Style QB in OH & #29 in the Nation for the 2026 class. 

https://twitter.com/BallCoachJoeMo/status/1599237815120048129?t=pCB7IfL7xCFtCzda1suJyg&s=19

Would be sweet if we got our Shedeur Sanders with him. A QB clearly at a level higher than we'd typically get, but wants to play for his dad.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not entirely sure where to put this. JoeMo's son has been ranked the #1 Pro-Style QB in OH & #29 in the Nation for the 2026 class. 

https://twitter.com/BallCoachJoeMo/status/1599237815120048129?t=pCB7IfL7xCFtCzda1suJyg&s=19

Thanks. Just made him a Rivals profile. Sounds like he mostly played JV this year, so will have to wait on Varsity film.

27 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Norrils to the portal according to 247

With Williams moving to WR and Hester added on scholarship, that now leaves 5 scholarship running backs. Most teams keep 5-6 running backs on scholarship. Good luck to Norrils, hope he lands somewhere.

Edited by catdaddyp

39 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

With Williams moving to WR and Hester added on scholarship, that now leaves 5 scholarship running backs. Most teams keep 5-6 running backs on scholarship. Good luck to Norrils, hope he lands somewhere.

Wiley, Price, Hester, Kellom, who else? I agree it seems like we should add at least one every year.

12 minutes ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

Are we all in agreement that Clyde Price is leaving? Singlehandedly cost us two games with fumbles. I figured it is more of a when then if.

I’d be really surprised if that happened. There were plenty of points in those games where the team could have performed better and it not have had to come down to the fumbles. Those games weren’t all on him. Price does some things really well and is a nice change of pace to Wiley.

Edited by catdaddyp

18 minutes ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

Are we all in agreement that Clyde Price is leaving? Singlehandedly cost us two games with fumbles. I figured it is more of a when then if.

He would have to sit out a year if he transferred again, no? 

Also, I don't want him gone. Nick Chubb fumbled twice against the Patriots once. It's not like the guy was ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike conduct on the sideline as a backup QB. Fumbles happen. Off-seasons are there to learn and improve upon mistakes. 

• Like 1