2022-23 Akron Football Off-season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Gray in the portal. Posting tweet not working for me either.

The only surprise here is how long it took him to decide to enter the portal. The writing was on the wall at LT. It’ll be tough for anyone to beat out Landers. Chambers claimed the rest of the snaps by the end of the season.

Still eyeing a few more guys to make their exit.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Jordan Daniels landed at UNC Charlotte. Happy for him as he’s originally from NC. He will have a chance to play there with the overhaul that’s taking place.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

A rising star in college football gets a big promotion 

https://bit.ly/3IJTo60

For a guy like JoeMo whose true love is coaching offense, this speaks volumes to me. 

I know Fessler was 2nd in line anyway (as far as play calling), but I wonder if this is a title/pay bump or if Fess will actually get to call some plays.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, akzipper said:

It's awesome to see Fessler named OC. He was the QB for my high school Cathedral Prep in Erie, PA a few years after I graduated. Always cool to see connections like that happen between two of my alma maters. 

we played Prep in baseball once (gd it gets cold and windy up there in April) and one of your players squared to bunt and fouled it off his face and broke his nose

unrelated but that's always the first thing I think of when I think of Erie Prep

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, GoZips4824 said:

Expect the Zips to take a good look at Keonte Glinton, CB out of Wyoming 

Thanks. He’s been listed on the “Portal Offers” thread for a while, but haven’t seen anything else on that front. Any idea if he made a visit?

Versatile player that mostly played Nickel for the Cowboys and started a number of games. 

6 hours ago, LZIp said:

Any info on a nee DL coach? Been a few weeks since it was first reported Debo was leaving. Figure nobody really wants to commit without knowing who their coach will be.

I wonder if that’s what’s keeping Mimouni from committing after his visit.

Word from some players is Nyeem Wartman-White is the new Defensive line coach. He was at New Hampshire the last two years and he was at Mississippi State as a grad. assistant under Coach Joe Moorhead. The team seems to be excited with the Butkus finalist when he was Penn State. 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, goteam09 said:

Word from some players is Nyeem Wartman-White is the new Defensive line coach. He was at New Hampshire the last two years and he was at Mississippi State as a grad. assistant under Coach Joe Moorhead. The team seems to be excited with the Butkus finalist when he was Penn State. 

Fairly young and upcoming guy that had success as a player. Fits the bill. Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Looks like Quevan Lawson hit the portal.

Pretty decent signee out of HS that never foudn a way to get in the field. Don’t recall if injuries were an issue in his first two years or not, but don’t believe they were this year.

• Like 1