2022-23 Akron Football Off-season Tracker

Let'sGoZips94

On 12/4/2022 at 12:07 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not entirely sure where to put this. JoeMo's son has been ranked the #1 Pro-Style QB in OH & #29 in the Nation for the 2026 class. 

https://twitter.com/BallCoachJoeMo/status/1599237815120048129?t=pCB7IfL7xCFtCzda1suJyg&s=19

Of all the great public and private football schools in NEO.... Joe sends his kid to Hawken??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Genuinely surprised we haven't had more players hit the portal yet. Figured Joe would have shown more guys the door. I guess maybe some could be deciding to move on from football that we don't know about.

Joe can’t technically show them the door in year 2,  he can in year 1 when he 1st takes over the team

45 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The only thing I learned from this article is that GT thinks Curtis Harper is coming back for another year. 😐

The insulting fact that GT doesn't give two 💩💩's about covering Akron is obvious in each discombobulated paragraph. 

Not sure how a guy who has direct access to JoeMo can whiff on information about Harper and also leave out other key players that are coming back like Holt, Thompson, etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LZIp said:

Genuinely surprised we haven't had more players hit the portal yet. Figured Joe would have shown more guys the door. I guess maybe some could be deciding to move on from football that we don't know about.

I’m surprised we didn’t see more in the first week too, but I’m sure there will be more players exiting soon. Almost every team ends up losing 1 or 2 guys that should have stayed. So far, so good.

16 hours ago, LZIp said:

Genuinely surprised we haven't had more players hit the portal yet.

I forget the number, but something like 45% of players in the TP never land on another team. Before a player jumps he had better have another school or become a washout. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, zipsrowdy88 said:

Are we all in agreement that Clyde Price is leaving? Singlehandedly cost us two games with fumbles. I figured it is more of a when then if.

I heard he tried to enter the Transfer Portal several times but kept dropping his paperwork, so he didn't. 

• Haha 4