Game 11- Maine

clarkwgriswold

1 hour ago, zipsrule said:

X is on FIRE.  🔥

Sorry, I'm just tuning in and I missed the X-Cast!  But Xavier apparently missed sparingly! How do we keep finding these All-MAC transfer combo guards.  Or how does Groce? 👀

Edited by Z.I.P.
Change in position

That’s much more like it. Dominant at both ends. Turnovers, silly ones, were an issue, but one you can live with when you force even more. 

Obviously you’re not going to lose when you shoot like that. But they kept up the intensity at both ends pretty much the whole game. Maine had some moments on offense, but the Zips answered every time. We haven’t seen that from them much this year, so that was refreshing. I would argue this was the best game for Kobe and Amani as well. Kobe continuing to out play Nate. 

Sammy didn’t touch the stat sheet much, but he wasn’t a liability. Well take it. But we will need more from him, we can only “hide” his poor scoring production so much. 

Thursday will be a great test. Go Zips!

14 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Sammy is lost.  From the nature in which he was played tonight, I sense the staff has lost faith in him.

I sensed that even during the last game when he made some 3s.  I knew it was a one-off streak.  He hit three in a row and the rest of the night they were bricks.  Same tonight.

24 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Sammy is lost.  From the nature in which he was played tonight, I sense the staff has lost faith in him.

He has a home in Marshall if he wants it, according to their announcers haha.

I like Sammy. I think he'll figure out his place. When we look back on the beginning of the season, there was unfairly a lot asked of him. We were an 8 man rotation at best. With the emergence of Kobe and Tavari, we're 9-10 deep. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Clearly our best all around game yesterday. I keep seeing "let down" posts on here, which I find utterly stupid.

Let down? We have not lost a game we were supposed to win this year, undefeated at home, and our losses come at the hands of 4 fantastic teams, one of which is a top 20 team in the country. 

This team had an entirely new look, Tavari is in and Sammy is out as a starter. It takes time to warmup.

I think that the lack of attendance falls completely on marketing. 

Knowing people in those circles I know that our marketing is done by one GA, and that person is overworked and underpaid. Want people and students to show up? Put money into marketting.

Great game fellas.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

Clearly our best all around game yesterday. I keep seeing "let down" posts on here, which I find utterly stupid.

Let down? We have not lost a game we were supposed to win this year, undefeated at home, and our losses come at the hands of 4 fantastic teams, one of which is a top 20 team in the country. 

This team had an entirely new look, Tavari is in and Sammy is out as a starter. It takes time to warmup.

I think that the lack of attendance falls completely on marketing. 

Knowing people in those circles I know that our marketing is done by one GA, and that person is overworked and underpaid. Want people and students to show up? Put money into marketting.

Great game fellas.

I gave the post a like because I agree with the second half of it completely but the first half only partly. I don't think it's been a bad start to the season but we should have beaten Nevada, and really should be beating Marshall too. Or at least playing them closer than we did.