Game 12- Bradley

clarkwgriswold

The Zips head off to Peoria, Illinois Thursday night to face Bradley.  Bradley is 8-4 coming into the game.  They were predicted to finish second in the MVC preseason poll with 6'9" junior forward Reink Mast being named to the preseason All-Conference team.  

Mast, a native of the Netherlands, led the MVC in rebounding last year.  This year, he leads Brave rebounding and scoring at 7.4 rpg and 13.8 ppg.  6'9" senior Malevy Leons is second in scoring and rebounding at 11.9 ppg and 6.8 rpg.  Bradley apparently has some Dutch connections as Leons is also from the Netherlands.

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Zips head off to Peoria, Illinois Thursday night to face Bradley.  Bradley is 8-4 coming into the game.  They were predicted to finish second in the MVC preseason poll with 6'9" junior forward Reink Mast being named to the preseason All-Conference team.  

Mast, a native of the Netherlands, led the MVC in rebounding last year.  This year, he leads Brave rebounding and scoring at 7.4 rpg and 13.8 ppg.  6'9" senior Malevy Leons is second in scoring and rebounding at 11.9 ppg and 6.8 rpg.  Bradley apparently has some Dutch connections as Leons is also from the Netherlands.

They have the Dutch Nike wooden sneaker contract!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This will be a great test for the Zips, and should be an entertaining and interesting game. After the debacle at Marshall and disappointing outcomes against LSU and Nevada, they've looked a lot better after some home cookin'. Bradley is a really good defensive team, rarely giving up more than 50-60 points per game. Freeman must stay out of foul trouble, and someone needs to help X on the perimeter. If we get eggs being laid by Hunter, Hank, Tavari, Kobe, and Nate, it will be a long night. If they bury some early ones and keep themselves out of a hole, we may be in business. The MAC hasn't gotten a lot of good wins in nonconference play. Toledo's win over UAB, ours over WKU, Kent's over Portland are probably the best. Bradley is 95 in KenPom now, better than everyone I just listed except UAB (39). Safe to say this would be the signature win of the year so far for the Zips, and it would be huge with conference play looming.

I'm not confident that the Zips will win, but for some reason I have a good feeling they will play a decent game. The first of many midweek games in the bitter cold midwest. And X and Tavari in their home states. Go Zips!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

This will be a great test for the Zips, and should be an entertaining and interesting game. After the debacle at Marshall and disappointing outcomes against LSU and Nevada, they've looked a lot better after some home cookin'. Bradley is a really good defensive team, rarely giving up more than 50-60 points per game. Freeman must stay out of foul trouble, and someone needs to help X on the perimeter. If we get eggs being laid by Hunter, Hank, Tavari, Kobe, and Nate, it will be a long night. If they bury some early ones and keep themselves out of a hole, we may be in business. The MAC hasn't gotten a lot of good wins in nonconference play. Toledo's win over UAB, ours over WKU, Kent's over Portland are probably the best. Bradley is 95 in KenPom now, better than everyone I just listed except UAB (39). Safe to say this would be the signature win of the year so far for the Zips, and it would be huge with conference play looming.

I'm not confident that the Zips will win, but for some reason I have a good feeling they will play a decent game. The first of many midweek games in the bitter cold midwest. And X and Tavari in their home states. Go Zips!!!!

There has been a few others. Kent just beat New Mexico St (113) and Ohio beat YSU (142). NET rankings are more favorable to these teams YSU (110) and NMSU (91).

But to get back on point, I think it's important to prove the offensive boost we've witnessed over the prior few games wasn't just a product of us playing over matched teams at home. If we want to compete in the MAC, we need to play that way offensively on the road against quality teams, which Bradley is.

• Like 3