Game 12- Bradley

clarkwgriswold

2 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

That was one of the worst halves of Groce basketball since the first year. 

I'm wondering if Tavari isn't causing some continuity issues.  Those first few possessions there was some pretty selfish play from him with no results.  Does Groce give him the green light to take quick shots?  Taking quick shots and just running around with no focus is like Whitford's Ball State teams.

Just now, NWAkron said:

I'm wondering if Tavari isn't causing some continuity issues.  Those first few possessions there was some pretty selfish play from him with no results.  Does Groce give him the green light to take quick shots?  Taking quick shots and just running around with no focus is like Whitford's Ball State teams.

Regardless, the first few possessions we saw Enrique miss a handful of layups, then moss block outs, then X, Tribble, and Tavari all dribbled the air out of the hall multiple times, ending possessions with no passes and a missed bad shot. Or passes straight out of bounds. CYO BBall. 

Just now, LoyalZIP said:

Regardless, the first few possessions we saw Enrique miss a handful of layups, then moss block outs, then X, Tribble, and Tavari all dribbled the air out of the hall multiple times, ending possessions with no passes and a missed bad shot. Or passes straight out of bounds. CYO BBall. 

there's that, too.

It was so bad and so fast it was like a blur.  couldn't tell who was doing what to whom.

I guess there was a reason KD didn't schedule these type of games.  What a waste of a chartered flight.  Other "cough" top tier MAC teams are winning some games and making some strides.  Zips utter collapse.  I can't believe it's all because of Ali and Dawson.  

Lose by 30?

Edited by NWAkron

1 minute ago, NWAkron said:

I guess there was a reason KD didn't schedule these type of games.  What a waste of a chartered flight.  Other "cough" top tier MAC teams are winning some games and making some strides.  Zips utter collapse.  I can't believe it's all because of Ali and Dawson.  

Lose by 30?

It's not. These are DI basketball players and they're playing extremely low energy, pee poor basketball. There's very little leadership, very little (or no) fire, nothing. We need Banks, Cheese, X1.0, LCJ - someone to have a competitive bone in their body that gives a damn about winning in November/December on the road. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

yeah, there's something about his affect and demeanor as well.  Groce brought in a few duds.

I ain’t gonna get too down on the young guys yet, as some take longer to come along then others. LCJ took a big leap in his 3rd year and I believe Big Dog did as well (might’ve even been his 4th year).

My complaint is all the transfer who come in that are duds. You expect all these guys to come in right away. Seems about 50% of the transfers don’t work out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Legitimate question: is it too late to go to the Transfer Portal?

stuck with these guys:

The transfer windows, which will go into effect in time for the 2022-23 season, will allow 60 days per year for athletes to enter the portal and maintain immediate eligibility for first-time transfers. For fall sports like football, the period will be split into two periods. The first, a 45-day period, will start the day after championship selections are made. A second window will be instituted from May 1-15 so players can enter the transfer portal after spring camp. 

Spring sports, like basketball, would effectively have a reverse calendar; the first window lasting from Dec. 1-15 and the second being a 45-day window that starts the day after championship selections. For winter sports, the 60-day transfer window would be a continuous period that begins the day after championship selection.