Game 13- Concord

clarkwgriswold

The Mountain Lions return to the JAR on December 30th to wrap up the Zips' OOC schedule.  Currently, the Mountain Lions are 7-3 .  They lost by 50 to PCCC at the Brimfield Animal Husbandry Center on December 18th. 

6'5" grad student forward Lual Rhama leads Concord in scoring and rebounding at 16.1 ppg and 8.8 rpg.  

I have a ticket for this game if anyone wants it as I will be out of town.  Please do not rush my inbox.

52 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I will be there as the Zips finish this uneventful and uninspiring pre-season run.  I find the scheduling for this year tedious and frustrating.  After tomorrow, the Zips have only 3 home games in January:  NIU, EMU, and Miami.    On a side note, Butler at home is down 28 points at half to Providence.  Haven't seen Ali Ali.

That's phenomenal scheduling. When it matters - February & March - we'll have the advantage.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

I will be there as the Zips finish this uneventful and uninspiring pre-season run.  I find the scheduling for this year tedious and frustrating.  EDIT.  On a side note, Butler at home is down 28 points at half to Providence.  Haven't seen Ali Ali.

I watched the second half on the Butler-Providence game. Ali was in for quite a lot of time. He did not seem to be the player he was at UA. He was wearing a facemark for protection and maybe that affected his play. Thad Matta seemed to be OK with Ali playing on the wing and shooting beyond the arc. I saw little movement out of him such as cutting to the basket or switching flanks. I did not see him follow any shots or crash the boards on others' shots. His D was acceptible. The one thing I noticed that he did not do from his play last year was his dribble-dribble backing the ball into the paint for a turnaround jumper. He seemed to play w/o confidence. Perhaps that stems from his injury. Perhaps that is due to the better play in the Big East. Curiosity made me watch, but I won't be wasting any more time on his progress. I'd rather watch a ZIP.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

I watched the second half on the Butler-Providence game. Ali was in for quite a lot of time. He did not seem to be the player he was at UA. He was wearing a facemark for protection and maybe that affected his play. Thad Matta seemed to be OK with Ali playing on the wing and shooting beyond the arc. I saw little movement out of him such as cutting to the basket or switching flanks. I did not see him follow any shots or crash the boards on others' shots. His D was acceptible. The one thing I noticed that he did not do from his play last year was his dribble-dribble backing the ball into the paint for a turnaround jumper. He seemed to play w/o confidence. Perhaps that stems from his injury. Perhaps that is due to the better play in the Big East. Curiosity made me watch, but I won't be wasting any more time on his progress. I'd rather watch a ZIP.

with the mask, hair cut, and weight gain I didn't recognize him.  He made a lay up from a good assist and missed two open 3s.  He certainly wasn't dynamic on the floor.  Was fun watching Providence.  I would pick them for a few rounds in my bracket come March.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Man Ali is still a huge what if, its still really early and I trust that Groce will have this team ready compete come March as he's done before. Just feels like sometimes we need that long wing who can go get a bucket when we need it and play some solid defense, bringing everyone back from last years team would've been special. Still pulling hard for the kid, hope he finds success at Butler. 

1 minute ago, Blue & Gold said:

Agreed. We’re seriously offensively challenged.When X isn’t unconscious from 3 we’re toast.

They double and triple Freeman or anyone else under basket.  Have to make miracle shots.  No expectations but I can't see this team winning on the road anywhere.

• Like 1