Game 15- Ball State

This game annoys me. Horrible flow thanks to the refs, peed down our leg at the end, yet we still probably win with X. This team still has a long ways to go with all that said. Need some guys to be something other than a body out there, at least show some flashes.

• Like 2

Normally not like this after a game, but I cannot lie I’m livid. I guess I’m not used to losing to teams like that. I’m not faulting the effort. Just so much dumb $*** tonight offensively. They played hard but looked afraid on offense. Just a bad loss. A game they should have won. 

• Like 2

I have watched a lot of Akron Basketball and I cannot recall a game where we have been so hesitant to take an outside shot.  In the last 10 minutes I only recall Hankerson taking and missing a 3 pointer.  This team needs somebody who can take and make an outside shot.  Tribble was shooting so well at the foul line I would like to see him take a 12 foot jump shot.  They are backing off of him to drive.  Tough road game.

Aside from Freeman’s absolutely Hurculean performance, the Zips fielded a completely hapless offensive team tonight,. Hunter provides little if any offense, and has incredibly slow reactions on defense. He does foul consistently after he gets beat on the baseline though. I wouldn’t know Hankerson was in the game if it weren’t for his technical ft’s. Tribble, while playing dogged defense, doesn’t offer much beyond a few floaters on offense . Lyles’ contribution is random at best. Tavari can’t become a sophomore soon enough…

So much playing time is available for any Zip that wants to step up. I guess my money is on Tavari to get fed up with playing tentatively and become a legit offensive threat. But right now he ain’t.

Let’s get X back, and see who else besides he and Enrique wants do the work necessary to win a championship. 

And the refs sucked tonight…how weak of will can you be to get intimidated by the Ball State fans? At least they made the get home 45 minutes later than they should’ve.